VIVO Y83 TWRP Recovery Installation – Two Easy METHODS!
Welcome, in this article I will demonstrate how to install TWRP Recovery on VIVO Y83. So stay until the end of the article and with the help of step by step guide, install TWRP on your phone.
- 0.1 About Vivo Y83
- 0.2 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 0.3 What are the Advantages or Pros of Installing TWRP Recovery on VIVO Y83?
- 0.4 Disadvantages or Cons of Installing TWRP Recovery on VIVO Y83
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery on VIVO Y83?
About Vivo Y83
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Vivo smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.22 inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 by 1520 pixels. A total of 270 pixels per inch.
- And Vivo Y83 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Y83 has a MediaTek MT6762 Helio P22 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with micro SD card slot (up to 256 GB). And storage options include 64 GB & 4 GB Ram for Chinese model and 32 GB & 4 GB Ram for Indian model.
- Camera sensor on Y83 – 13 MP rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Also,the Phone comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- The battery on Vivo Y83 is a non-removable 3250 mAh.
That’s it about the phone, now let’s dive into TWRP installation on VIVO Y83.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project and is flashable on Android smartphones. TWRP recovery, when installed on a smartphone over stock recovery, can provide more features.
What are the Advantages or Pros of Installing TWRP Recovery on VIVO Y83?
There are quite a few benefits of installing TWRP on Y83. Here are some of them –
- Firstly, you can root your phone.
- And also install ZIP files and custom Roms on Vivo Y83.
- You can wipe cache and reset your smartphone.
- And take a backup of your current data and restore it whenever you want to.
Furthermore, let’s now take a look at some of the disadvantages of installing TWRP recovery on the VIVO Y83.
Disadvantages or Cons of Installing TWRP Recovery on VIVO Y83
Below are some of the cons TWRP recovery which you should keep in mind before installing on your mobile.
- First of all, it will void your warranty.
- And you may brick your phone if you do not follow the steps correctly.
- Also, the user will not be able to get OTA updates anymore.
Now that you have read some of the Pros and cons of TWRP recovery, let’s start with the installation procedure.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on VIVO Y83?
Before starting the installation process, do keep the following things in mind.
- First of all, make sure to charge your phone fully.
- And also get the certified USB cable by VIVO.
- Before installing, unlock the bootloader (OEM UNLOCK) on your phone. How to Unlock Bootloader on VIVO Y83.
- We TechDroidTips, do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong. And the steps below are unofficial and has not been certified by any user till date.
- You can also install CWM Recovery on Vivo Y83.
- After installtion of Custom Recovery, How to Root VIVO Y83
Let’s Install TWRP Recovery: Method 1
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image of the VIVO Y83. (Check below for the file)
- And rename it as TWRP.img
- Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the phone and install it on PC.
- Now, setup ADB and fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install process For ADB :
1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
5. Continue Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – finished! Source – XDA
- Open the folder – “TWRP.img“
- And open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your VIVO Y83 to PC.
- And, boot your device into fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
- Now the device will boot into the fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp–2.8.x.x–xxx.img.
- Replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing TWRP Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device.
- And congrats, finally you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on VIVO Y83.
- UPDATE 3rd April 2019 – VIVO Y83 currently has no development on the TWRP Recovery file, I recommend you to bookmark this page. As soon as the development arises, this article will be updated.
- NEXT – How to Install custom ROM on VIVO Y83
How to Install TWRP custom recovery on VIVO Y83? Method 2
- Firstly, Download Flashify app on the Vivo Y83. The app is available to download from play store.
- And open the app and you will see three options, “Boot Image” “Recovery Image” and “Zip File”.
- First, click on “Recovery Image” as soon as you click you will be able to see some more options.
- Next, click on download TWRP. You will see an option of downloading CWM custom recovery too, but consider downloading TWRP custom recovery.
- And now it will download TWRP file the VIVO Y83. And after the downloading finishes click on “Yes install custom Recovery”.
- That’s it now sit back and relax till the recovery installs on the phone.
- Congratulations, you have successfully install TWRP recovery on your Vivo Y83. Now, you can install your favorite custom ROMs and zip files on the phone.
Related Article. How to Unroot VIVO Y83 and go back to stock ROM.
In conclusion, do the steps carefully and also make sure to see pre-requisite before starting the process. Before flashing TWRP Recovery, check for the supported model number. And you can also check for your device here on TWRP website and make sure about the recovery file.