VIVO Y83 Custom ROM Installation – Two Easy METHODS!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to install custom Rom on VIVO Y83. With the help of TWRP custom recovery or CWM custom recovery. And this is a step by step tutorial guide. So, Stay until the end.
- 0.1 What is Custom Rom?
- 0.2 Should you Install Custom Rom on VIVO Y83? What are the BENEFITS?
- 0.3 What are the CONS of installing Custom ROM on VIVO Y83?
- 0.4 About Vivo Y83 Mobile
- 1 How to Install custom ROM on the VIVO Y83?
What is Custom Rom?
Custom Rom means a custom firmware designed for rooted Android phones. Custom Rom also means a customized user interface. This type of firmware has the ability to include extra customized features. And also increase productivity.
Should you Install Custom Rom on VIVO Y83? What are the BENEFITS?
Here is a list of key features or advantages of installing custom ROM on your Android phone:
- Firstly, the phone is customizable as per user requirements.
- And installing custom ROM can modify the look of the User Interface.
- The user can update the phone to the latest Android version and avail all the key features as well.
- There is an option to remove bloatware as well.
- And the user can improve the performance of the Android phone as well.
- Custom Mods, when installed on the phone can take the Android experience to the next level.
So, these were some of the key features of installing custom ROM on the VIVO Y83. And now let’s see some of the cons or disadvantages of the same.
What are the CONS of installing Custom ROM on VIVO Y83?
Below are some of the common disadvantages of installing custom ROM:
- First of all, the warranty of the phone is void.
- And performance issue may arrive due to lack of proper optimization of a custom ROM.
- Also, the user may brick the phone.
So, now that you have seen advantages and disadvantages of installing custom ROM on the VIVO Y83, Let’s straight away dive into step by step instruction guide on how to install custom ROM.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Vivo smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.22 inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 by 1520 pixels. A total of 270 pixels per inch.
- And Vivo Y83 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Y83 has a MediaTek MT6762 Helio P22 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with micro SD card slot (up to 256 GB). And storage options include 64 GB & 4 GB Ram for Chinese model and 32 GB & 4 GB Ram for Indian model.
- Camera sensor on Y83 – 13 MP rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Also, the Phone comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- The battery on Vivo Y83 is a non-removable 3250 mAh.
How to Install custom ROM on the VIVO Y83?
Points to keep in mind before installing
- Firstly, Unlock the bootloader of the Android phone. How to unlock the bootloader on VIVO Y83.
- And install a custom recovery on the phone. Install TWRP custom recovery or Install CWM custom Recovery on VIVO Y83.
- Also, root your phone. How to root VIVO Y83.
- And finally, charge the phone fully.
Above steps are extremely important for the VIVO Y83. If done wrong could lead to various consequences. So be careful. Let’s see step by step guide.
How to Install custom ROM on VIVO Y83 via CWM custom Recovery?
Below is step by step guide how you can install custom Rom with the help of CWM recovery.
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, download the proper Zip file of the Rom which you want to install on your smartphone. You can find your favorite Rom through the web or check below.
- Now, after you have successfully downloaded the custom ROM, put the file in the internal storage or the external storage of your phone.
- Finally, boot into CWM recovery.
- And, to boot into CWM recovery you need to turn your phone off. And, press the power button and the volume down button together. Hence, you are in CWM custom recovery.
- Furthermore, you will see various options in the recovery mode and one important step is to backup your current firmware because if anything goes wrong while installing custom ROM, you can restore your phone.
- So now that you have taken a backup, we need to factory reset the phone before installing any sort of custom Rom. For that go to Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes-Wipe all user data and wipe cache by going to Wipe Cache Partition > Yes-Wipe Cache.
- Now to install custom Rom on your VIVO Y83 Android phone, go to Install Zip. Then choose Zip from SD card > now select your zip file from internal storage.
- Then, Select yes Install Zip File.
- Let the process happen and do not interrupt in between the process of installing custom Rom.
- Congratulations finally you have successfully installed custom Rom on the VIVO Y83
Above method demonstrates for CWM custom recovery. If you have installed TWRP custom recovery then below are the steps.
How to install custom ROM on VIVO Y83 via TWRP custom recovery?
Let’s start step by step how to install custom Rom through TWRP recovery.
- First of all, charge the phone fully. So that the process goes on smoothly.
- And now boot your VIVO Y83 phone into TWRP recovery. Switch off your phone and then press the Power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- Before installing make sure to take proper backup of existing Rom as a result if something goes wrong, you can restore your current backup.
- Next, Go to Wipe – Swipe to factory reset.
- Go back and click install – and select your custom Rom Zip file. Then swipe to confirm Flash.
- Finally, press back and reboot your device.
- Hence, you have successfully installed custom Rom via TWRP recovery on the VIVO Y83 Android Phone.
VIVO Y83 Custom ROM Download
UPDATE 3rd April 2019 – VIVO Y83 has currently no custom ROM’s available, if in future it becomes available, this article will be updated as soon as possible.
Related article. How to Unroot VIVO Y83 and Go Back To Stock Rom
I hope the above steps were clear enough 😀 And I hope you installed your custom Rom on VIVO Y83 successfully. Do let me know in the comment section if you have encountered any issues while installing custom Rom on your device.