How to UnLock Bootloader on VIVO Y83 Smartphone – Easy OEM Unlocking!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the Vivo Y83 smartphone. So, the company recently launched this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
Unlocking Bootloader on any smartphone means accessing the way for rooting your device. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before accessing root. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can root their smartphone.
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on VIVO Y83
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader –
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- You can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on Vivo Y83.
- Next, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the Vivo Y83.
If you unlock the bootloader on your smartphone, the warranty will be void.
About Vivo Y83
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Vivo smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.22 inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 by 1520 pixels. A total of 270 pixels per inch.
- And Vivo Y83 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Y83 has a MediaTek MT6762 Helio P22 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with a micro SD card slot (up to 256 GB). And storage options include 64 GB & 4 GB Ram for Chinese model and 32 GB & 4 GB Ram for Indian model.
- Camera sensor on Y83 – 13 MP rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Also, the Phone comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- The battery on Vivo Y83 is a non-removable 3250 mAh.
How to Unlock Bootloader on VIVO Y83?
Let us now quickly dive into the step by step guide and show, how you can unlock the bootloader on VIVO Y83 smartphone.
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Vivo Y83 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- Then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is an OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- That’s it, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader in VIVO Y83.
- UPDATE 3rd April 2019 – This article is under development and needs an update. VIVO has high security on their smartphones & needs individual development. This is a newly launched smartphone, therefore, will take some time. I will update the article ASAP 😀 You need an additional procedure after enabling OEM unlock in the settings. The additional process is yet to be developed.
- UPDATE 2 – Bookmark this page, This article will be updated as soon as the development arises.
- Next step is Install TWRP Recovery on Vivo Y83 or Install CWM Recovery on Vivo Y83.
- After you had successfully installed the custom recovery, How to root VIVO Y83.
- And now it’s time to install your favorite custom ROM on VIVO y83. How to Install custom ROM on VIVO Y83.
Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. How to unroot VIVO Y83 and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on VIVO Y83 then do let me know in the comment section below. I will be happy to assist you 😀 This XDA thread would help.
Do you want to know about Tech Droid Tips Motive? or the Development Process? Or about the article you just read? Then CLICK HERE to learn more.