Root Zenfone 5Z Via SuperSU & Magisk + Two More METHODS!
In this article, I will show you how to root Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) smartphone. And with easy step by step instruction guide on how to successfully root. So, let’s straight away dive into the tutorial guide. Stay until the end.
- 0.1 What do you mean by Root?
- 0.2 What are the Advantages or Benefits of Rooting Zenfone 5Z?
- 0.3 What are the CONS of Rooting Zenfone 5Z?
- 0.4 About ASUS Zenfone 5Z
- 1 How to Root Zenfone 5Z?
What do you mean by Root?
Root or Rooting a device, simply means that you are now able to take full control of your Android device. After rooting, the smartphone has the ability to customize beyond limits. So, there are quite a few benefits of rooting the Zenfone 5Z. So, let us see what are those benefits.
What are the Advantages or Benefits of Rooting Zenfone 5Z?
Well, here are some of the Pros of rooting the Android device:
- First of all, the user takes the control of the phone.
- And also customize the user interface and control the frequency of the CPU as well as GPU.
- There are also different available Mods that can be downloadable for free.
- You can also, Install Custom Roms on the phone.
- In conclusion, you can customize the Android phone beyond limits.
So above were some of the key benefits of rooting your Android smartphone. But is it all good? NO. Below are some of the cons or disadvantages of rooting the Zenfone 5Z.
What are the CONS of Rooting Zenfone 5Z?
Now let’s see some of the cons of rooting an Android smartphone:
- Firstly, the warranty is void after rooting the device.
- And your phone could be completely dead and not usable anymore. (If anything goes wrong)
- Also, performance issue may arrive due to lack of optimization for the particular model.
So now that you have seen Pros and Cons of rooting the Zenfone 5Z, Let’s see step by step tutorial on how to root the phone.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched ASUS Zenfone 5Z smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.2 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2246 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And Zenfone 5Z also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- The Zenfone 5Z also comes with 4GB/6GB/8GB Ram and 64GB/128GB/256GB Storage options.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on the smartphone- 12 MP + 120-degree wide sensor dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on ASUS Zenfone 5Z is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
How to Root Zenfone 5Z?
IMPORTANT Points before rooting the Zenfone 5Z:
- First, charge your phone Fully. (to avoid interruption)
- And make sure to unlock the bootloader before rooting. If not see this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone 5Z?.
- Before rooting the Zenfone 5Z, do install TWRP Recovery or install CWM recovery on the phone. (IMP STEP) (Some Methods do not need a custom recovery to install).
- This guide is only to root Zenfone 5Z Android smartphone.
Root Zenfone 5Z via Boot Img Patch
- You need the firmware version 188.8.131.52 on to your Asus Zenfone 5Z Smartphone.
- Furthermore, enable USB debugging.
- After that, extract Boot.img from the firmware 184.108.40.206 with the help of payload_dumper. Download Link here
- In addition, Patch boot.img with the magisk manager. Magisk Download Link Here
- Finally, fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img. to flash & root your phone with the help of Magisk Manager & Patch.
- Above were the steps, in brief, if you have any problem while doing the procedure, check the image below.
Let’s Root Asus Zenfone 5Z Android Phone: METHOD 1
- In this method, we will flash a zip file from TWRP or CWM recovery. So, make sure to install the custom recovery on your phone. (Links are above in the topic IMPORTANT POINTS before rooting)
- First of all, download Super SU Zip file and save it to internal or external storage of the Zenfone 5Z.
- And now boot into TWRP Recovery or CWM recovery.
- Next, you will see some options, Tap on INSTALL or FLASH. Select the SuperSU file from the storage.
- Click on confirm Flash or Swipe to flash.
- That’s it after the process is successful, tap on reboot option. Now the phone will reboot.
- Congratulations, you have rooted the Zenfone 5Z. You will see SuperSu app in the apps menu.
How to root Zenfone 5Z in a single click – Method 2
- Firstly, You need to download an app KingoRoot on your Zenfone 5Z.
- And then Install the App on the phone.
- And now open the app in your smartphone and click on ” One Click Root”.
- Do not touch your screen while the process is going on.
- That’s it, your Zenfone 5Z has root access now.
- Try different method if the process fails to root your phone.
Related Article. How to Unroot Zenfone 5Z and Go back to stock ROM.
How to root your Zenfone 5Z with PC – Method 3
- You Need to download Wondershare TuneGo App on your computer.
- And charge the phone fully before proceeding.
- And also enable USB DEBUGGING in the setting. To do that, Go to setting>Developer options>Enable USD Debugging.
- Launch the application on your computer.
- And plug your Zenfone 5Z to your pc via data cable provided by the manufacturer.
- Now you need to click on One Click Android Root option.
- Process for rooting the phone will start. And after few moments, the Zenfone 5Z will have root access.
So, that’s it for the step by step guide, I hope this article helped you in successfully rooting your Zenfone 5Z. If you have any quires, do let me know in the comment section below.