ASUS Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL): How to Unlock Bootloader?
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on ASUS Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched ASUS Zenfone 5Z smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.2 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2246 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And Zenfone 5Z also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- The Zenfone 5Z also comes with 4GB/6GB/8GB Ram and 64GB/128GB/256GB Storage options.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on the smartphone- 12 MP + 120-degree wide sensor dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on ASUS Zenfone 5Z is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
Also Read – ASUS Zenfone 5Z Issues & How to Fix Them.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on ASUS Zenfone 5Z?
Unlocking Bootloader on any smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on ASUS Zenfone 5Z?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your smartphone, the warranty will be void.
- Related Article. How to Root ASUS Zenfone 5Z.
How to Unlock Bootloader on ASUS Zenfone 5Z?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the ASUS Zenfone 5Z:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Zenfone 5Z by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the ASUS Zenfone 5Z.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. How to unroot ASUS Zenfone 5Z and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on the ASUS Zenfone 5Z then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀