How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite? Mi Flash Unlock TOOL!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.26 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. A total of 403 pixels per inch.
- And Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite has a Snapdragon 660 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/6GB Ram and 64GB/128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite – 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear camera and 24MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite is a non-removable 3350 mAh.
Also, Read – Various Issues on the phone & How to Fix Them.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- And now go to MIUI unlock website and click on “Unlock Now”.
- Furthermore, the website will ask for account information for MI users.
- After login, fill the form. (Name, Country, Phone Number & proper reason for unlocking the phone’s bootloader)
- And after you have filled all the information, checkboxes, click on apply now.
- Also, you need to verify the phone number, on the next page when asked, enter your phone number & OTP when it arrives on your phone.
- Wait till this message to appear. “Application has been successfully submitted, Please be patience review“.
- You will get a message on the phone number confirming that you are now eligible to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.
- Also, it may take several days for the confirmation message to arrive.
Next, Unlock Procedure
- Thereafter, download MI Fash Unlock Tool on the PC, install the application.
- Next tap AGREE > Sign in with your MI Account > connect your phone via the original cable of the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.
- And now hold Power + Volume Down button simultaneously. Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite will boot into the Fastboot mode.
- The last step, click on “UNLOCK” after the application shows the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.
- And if asked, click on Unlock Anyway and proceed.
- Finally, wait for the MI Flash Unlock Tool says Unlocked Successfully.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀