How to Unlock Bootloader on LG V35 ThinQ: OEM Unlock
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on LG V35 ThinQ smartphone. So, the company will launch this flagship smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched LG V35 ThinQ smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6 inches OLED display with a resolution of 1440 by 2880 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And V35 ThinQ also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 825 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6 GB Ram and 128 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on V35 ThinQ – 16 MP + 16 MP dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Also, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
Also Read – LG V35 ThinQ Issues & How to Fix Them
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on LG V30 ThinQ?
Unlocking Bootloader on any smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on LG V35 ThinQ?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your smartphone, the warranty will be void.
- Related Article. How to Root LG V35 ThinQ.
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG V35 ThinQ?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the LG V35 ThinQ
Also read the disclaimer and update, given at the end.
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on the phone by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- And now make sure about the drivers, install properly on the computer. Also, take a backup of the necessary data.
- Also, you will need IMEI number of the LG V35 ThinQ phone.
- To get the IMEI number for the LG V35 ThinQ phone, dial *#06# on the phone. You will get the IMEI number.
- And now connect your LG phone to the PC.
- Next, open the command prompt on the PC (Win + R & then type cmd, click enter). And type the following ADB Command code to reboot the phone into the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- And now you are in the bootloader mode on the LG V35 ThinQ device. Also, type the following Fastboot code to get the device ID.
fastboot oem device-id
- And the Fastboot will return the following message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- The above Device ID is needed to get the unique unlock ID for the LG V35 ThinQ Android phone.
- Now combine & paste the ID above. For example
- And next copy the Device ID and also your phone’s IMEI number and paste it on the LG’s developer website. Head on to this webpage > scroll all the way down > click Start Unlocking the Bootloader > fill your LG account details > and paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number”.
- Finally, hit the confirm button and you will get an email from LG containing the unlock.bin file. Download the file.
- Remember, the process will wipe the data on the LG V35 ThinQ phone.
- And now type the following in the command prompt, this will factory Reset the LG device.
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- That’s it. And next reboot the phone by entering the following code:
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the LG V35 ThinQ.
- UPDATE – You will only be able to unlock the LG V35 ThinQ once it is supported by the LG developer. Whenever the device is listed on this Page you may apply the method above given in this article. And so unlocking the bootloader.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. How to unroot LG V35 ThinQ and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on LG V35 ThinQ then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀