How to Install TWRP Recovery on LG V35 ThinQ: Tutorial GUIDE
Welcome, in this article I will demonstrate how to install TWRP Recovery on LG V35 ThinQ. So stay until the end of the article and with the help of step by step guide, install TWRP on your phone.
- 0.1 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 0.2 About LG V35 ThinQ
- 0.3 What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on LG V35 ThinQ?
- 0.4 Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on LG V35 ThinQ
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery on LG V35 ThinQ?
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project and is flashable on Android smartphones. TWRP recovery, when installed on a smartphone over stock recovery, can provide more features.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched LG V35 ThinQ smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6 inches OLED display with a resolution of 1440 by 2880 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And V35 ThinQ also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 825 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6 GB Ram and 128 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on V35 ThinQ – 16 MP + 16 MP dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Also, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
Also Read. VIVO Y83 Issues & How to Fix Them: Solution
What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on LG V35 ThinQ?
There are quite a few benefits of installing TWRP on LG V35 ThinQ. Here are some of them :
- Firstly, you can root your phone.
- And also install ZIP files and custom Roms on the phone.
- You can wipe cache and reset your smartphone.
- And take a backup of your current data and restore it whenever you want to.
- Furthermore, let’s now take a look at some of the disadvantages of installing TWRP recovery.
Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on LG V35 ThinQ
Below are some of the cons TWRP recovery which you should keep in mind before installing on your LG V35 ThinQ
- First of all, it will void your warranty.
- And you may brick your Phone if you do not follow the steps correctly.
- Also, the user will not be able to get OTA updates anymore on the device.
- Now that you have read some of the Pros and cons of TWRP recovery, let’s start with the installation procedure.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on LG V35 ThinQ?
Before starting the installation process, do keep the following things in mind.
- First of all, make sure to charge your phone fully.
- And also get the certified USB cable by the manufacturer.
- Before installing, unlock the bootloader (OEM UNLOCK) on your phone. How to Unlock Bootloader on the LG V35 ThinQ.
- We TechDroidTips, do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong. And the steps below are unofficial and has not been certified by any user to date.
- You can also install CWM Recovery on the LG V35 ThinQ.
- After installation of Custom Recovery, How to Root LG V35 Thinq.
Let’s Install TWRP Recovery: Method 1
- First of all, download TWRP recovery image of the device. Check Link Below.
- And rename it as TWRP.img
- Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the phone and install it on PC.
- Now, setup ADB and fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install process For ADB :
1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
5. Continue Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – finished! Source – XDA
- And now open the folder – “TWRP.img“
- And open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your LG V35 ThinQ to PC.
- And, boot your device into fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
Now the device will boot into the fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- And do replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing TWRP Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device.
- And congrats, finally you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on the LG V35 ThinQ.
- Update 3rd October 2018 – Currently, no build has occurred regarding the TWRP Recovery file for the LG V35 ThinQ. Stay tuned, we will keep you updated.
How to Install TWRP custom recovery on LG V35 ThinQ? Method 2
- Firstly, Download Flashify app on the LG V35 ThinQ. The app is available to download from play store.
- And open the app and you will see three options, “Boot Image” “Recovery Image” and “Zip File”.
- First, click on “Recovery Image” as soon as you click you will be able to see some more options.
- Next, click on download TWRP. You will see an option of downloading CWM custom recovery too, but consider downloading TWRP custom recovery.
- And now it will download TWRP file for the LG V35 ThinQ. And after the downloading finishes click on “Yes install custom Recovery”.
- That’s it now sit back and relax till the recovery installs on the phone.
- Finally, congratulations you have successfully install TWRP recovery on your LG V35 ThinQ. Now, you can install your favorite custom ROMs and zip files on the phone.
Related Article. How to Unroot LG V35 ThinQ and go back to stock ROM.
In conclusion, do the steps carefully and also make sure to see pre-requisite before starting the process. Before flashing TWRP Recovery, check for the supported model number. And you can also check for your device here on TWRP website and make sure about the recovery file.