How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Nova 3? UNLOCK CODE!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Huawei Nova 3 smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Huawei Nova 3 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.3 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2340 pixels. A total of 409 pixels per inch.
- And Huawei Nova 3 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Huawei Nova 3 has a Kirin 970 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB Ram and 128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Huawei Nova 3- 24MP + 16MP dual rear camera and 24MP + 2MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on Huawei Nova 3 is a non-removable 3750 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Huawei Nova 3?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Huawei Nova 3 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Huawei Nova 3?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Huawei Nova 3:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Huawei Nova 3 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Nova 3?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Huawei Nova 3:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Huawei Nova 3 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- And now, firstly, login into your Huawei ID here, create one if you don’t have.
- Thereafter go to > CODE REQUEST PAGE and login to your account.
- And then agree or accept to the agreement page.
- And now to apply for your Huawei Nova 3 unlock code, fill in the necessary details ie, Product Model, Product Serial Number, Product IMEI or MEID, Product ID, and Verification code.
How to get the following information?
- Product Model – This is generally written on the manufacturer box or Setting > About Phone.
- Serial Number – You will find the serial number in Setting > About Phone > Status
- IMEI or MEID Number – Type *#06# on the keypad and tap call button.
- Product ID – Type *#*#1357946#*#* on the keypad and tap call button.
After all the details and verification, you will get the unlock code on the email id (it can take up to seven days). Keep it safe and proceed the steps below.
- Firstly, Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- And now make sure about the drivers, install properly on the computer. Also, take a backup of the necessary data.
- Next, boot into Fastboot mode on the Huawei Nova 3. (Press and hold volume down + power key & wait for the logo.
- And connect your Huawei Nova 3 via official USB cable provided by the manufacturer.
- And now go to Fastboot and ADB folder > Open Command Prompt by pressing Shift key & right click on an empty space in the folder.
- Finally, Type in the following command & replace unlock code with the actual unlock code that you got.
fastboot oem unlock unlock code
- And press Enter and wait till the process is completed.
- After the process is done type the following command.
- And finally, the above command will reboot your Huawei Nova 3 device to normal.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Huawei Nova 3.
- UPDATE – Huawei Has Currently Stopped Supporting Unlock Requests and no longer recommends unlocking the bootloader on their devices. If anytime in future, Huawei starts allowing then above is the method.
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Huawei Nova 3 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀