How to Unroot Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 & Restore Stock ROM!
In this article, I will display step by step instruction guide on how to unroot the Zenfone Max Pro M2 with just one click. Furthermore, I will showcase three simple methods on the same. And also how to restore stock ROM on the Zenfone Max Pro M2. Alright, let’s start.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Zenfone Max Pro M2 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.26 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. A total of 403 pixels per inch.
- And Zenfone Max Pro M2 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 660 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/6GB/3GB Ram and 64GB/32GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 13MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 5000 mAh.
What do you mean by Unroot or Unrooting the Zenfone Max Pro M2 Android Phone?
Unroot or unrooting the Zenfone Max Pro M2 Android device simply means going back. When you root the device, you get the permission to do extra customization on the phone. But due to some reason you want to go back and unroot the phone. So that the phone return to stock.
What are the advantages of Unrooting the Zenfone Max Pro M2?
So, the only main advantage of unrooting the Zenfone Max Pro M2 Android phone is to get the warranty back. The warranty is void when you root the device. When something goes wrong in the smartphone, you want to go back and unroot and claim the warranty. Unrooting is pretty easy and convenient for the users.
What if I have custom ROM installed on the phone? How do I go back to stock ROM or stock firmware?
- First of all, Boot into recovery mode ie, TWRP custom recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- And then go to Backup and Restore > Restore > “Choose the backup file” (I am sure you did back up your current firmware before installing custom ROM on the phone).
- And now reboot the phone.
- So, you are now back to stock ROM on the Zenfone Max Pro M2. But the phone still has root access, to unroot the phone consider the steps below.
Do note that the above procedure does not Install Stock Recovery it only installs the stock ROM.
How to Unroot the Zenfone Max Pro M2 Android Phone?
Important points before Unrooting the Zenfone Max Pro M2:
- Firstly, charge the phone fully.
- And only use genuine accessories such as data cable.
- Carefully see step by step instruction guide to unroot the Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the smartphone. Please do it at your own risk.
Let’s Unroot the Zenfone Max Pro M2: SuperSU METHOD 1
This method is for the users who rooted their Zenfone Max Pro M2 with the help of SuperSU zip file.
- Launch SuperSU app and go to setting.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- And tap on “Full Unroot” button.
- Let the process start and the device will reboot.
- Finally, you have successfully unrooted your Zenfone Max Pro M2 with the help of the SuperSU app.
An IMPORTANT article related to the phone. Root Zenfone Max Pro M2.
How to Unroot the Zenfone Max Pro M2 with just one click: METHOD 2
- Fully charge the phone.
- Also, turn on Wi-fi or mobile data network on your phone.
Lets Unroot Your Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Firstly, download KingoRoot Application on your smartphone.
- Install the App on your Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Open the app and click on Unroot Your Phone option in the app.
- Let the process happen and make sure you do not interrupt the whole process.
- That’s it congratulations you have successfully unrooted the Zenfone Max Pro M2 with just one click.
- Try a different method if you fail to unroot the device via this method.
Also Read. Unlock Bootloader on the Zenfone Max Pro M2.
How to UnRoot Zenfone Max Pro M2 with PC: METHOD 3
- First of all, download and install KingoRoot PC application on your computer or laptop.
- Furthermore, connect the Zenfone Max Pro M2 phone via data cable to your PC.
- Next, Open the KingoRoot application.
- And click on the “Remove Root” or “Unroot” option in the application.
- Finally, congratulations just wait for a few minutes and voila your phone Zenfone Max Pro M2 is now back to stock.
In conclusion, I hope this article helped you out in successfully unrooting the Zenfone Max Pro M2. And if you have encountered any issues regarding unrooting the device then do let me know in the comment section below.
Do you want to know about Tech Droid Tips Motive? or the Development Process? Or about the article you just read? Then CLICK HERE to learn more.