How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2?
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M2 smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Zenfone Max Pro M2 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.26 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. A total of 403 pixels per inch.
- And Zenfone Max Pro M2 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 660 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/6GB/3GB Ram and 64GB/32GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 13MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 5000 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M2?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Zenfone Max Pro M2 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Also Read, Frequently Asked Questions About Zenfone Max Pro M2
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M2?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Zenfone Max Pro M2:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Zenfone Max Pro M2 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root Zenfone Max Pro M2.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M2?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Zenfone Max Pro M2:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Zenfone Max Pro M2 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- First of all, back up your current data so you do not regret later. Because unlocking bootloader will wipe all your phone data.
- Furthermore, allow Installation from unknown sources. And to do that go to Zenfone Max Pro M2 setting > Security > Device Administrators > Enable Unknown Sources.
Furthermore, Unlock Tool
- And now download the unlock tool.
- To download Zenfone Max Pro M2 unlock tool, go to Google Search and Type “Zenfone Max Pro M2 Drivers and Tools”. Direct LINK.
- And click on the first link from the company’s official website. Scroll down & Select OS > Android.
- Also, you will find various drivers and software on the page. Look for Unlock Tool and download it on your PC. Direct LINK.
- Now transfer the APK file to the Zenfone Max Pro M2 via USB cable.
- Next, go to file manager and tap on download folder and look for the APK file and install the Unlock app.
- Now open the app and agree to the warning popup.
- Finally, tap on “Press To Unlock Your Device”.
- As a result, now the phone will reboot wiping all your mobile data.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Zenfone Max Pro M2.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot Zenfone Max Pro M2 and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Zenfone Max Pro M2 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀