How to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z5: OEM Unlock
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader (OEM UNLOCK) on Lenovo Z5 smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Lenovo Z5 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.2 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2246 pixels. A total of 402 pixels per inch.
- And Lenovo Z5 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon SDM636 Octa Core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6 GB Ram and 64 GB/128 GB Storage options.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on the phone- 16 MP + 8 MP dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- And a rear-mounted fingerprint Scanner.
- Finally, the battery on Lenovo Z5 is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Lenovo Z5?
Unlocking Bootloader on any smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Lenovo Z5?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the Lenovo Z5.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your smartphone, the warranty will be void.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z5?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Lenovo Z5:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Z5 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Lenovo Z5.
- And next step is to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z5 or Install CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5.
- After you had successfully installed the custom recovery, How to root Lenovo Z5.
- And now it’s time to install your favorite custom ROM on Lenovo Z5. How to Install custom ROM on Lenovo Z5.
- Note – You may need additional Development according to the variant you bought & also depending on the region you live in.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. How to unroot Lenovo Z5 and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Lenovo Z5 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀