How to Install CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5: TUTORIAL
In this article, I will show you step by step guide on how to install CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5. This step is necessary before you can install custom Rom on your smartphone. Alright, let’s straight away dive into the step by step instruction guide.
- 0.1 What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
- 0.2 About Lenovo Z5
- 0.3 Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5
- 0.4 What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5?
- 1 How to Install CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5?
What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM) is a popular custom recovery on Android devices. And it also provides more features than the stock recovery (provided by the manufacturer).
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Lenovo Z5 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.2 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2246 pixels. A total of 402 pixels per inch.
- And Lenovo Z5 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon SDM636 Octa Core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6 GB Ram and 64 GB/128 GB Storage options.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on the phone- 16 MP + 8 MP dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- And a rear-mounted fingerprint Scanner.
- Finally, the battery on Lenovo Z5 is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5
What benefits will you get from installing CWM recovery? Here are some of the advantages and benefits of installing CWM recovery on your phone.
- Firstly, CWM recovery will provide the advanced feature.
- And one can flash custom Roms and ZIP files on the phone.
- Also, a custom recovery can make backup and restore it for you whenever required.
- Furthermore, the Android device will have the ability to install super SU (ROOT).
- Basically, you get the ability to customize or modify your Lenovo Z5 Android device.
So, above are some of the reason why you should get a custom recovery or CWM recovery on your smartphone.
What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5?
Before we start installing CWM recovery, there are more advantages of installing a custom recovery or CWM Recovery, one should also be aware of the Cons or disadvantages of installing CWM recovery. So, What can happen to your phone if you try to install a CWM Recovery?
- First of all, your phone may get completely dead.
- Also, the warranty will be void.
- Furthermore, performance issue may arrive.
So above are some of the reasons that can harm your device when you install a CWM custom recovery. So, now let’s install CWM recovery on Lenovo Z5.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5?
Points to remember before installing CWM custom recovery on Lenovo Z5 :
- First thing first, charge your phone fully to avoid interruption.
- Also, make sure to use genuine accessories to connect your phone.
- Download and install appropriate USB drivers on your PC computer.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device.
- Take a backup of your current data.
- And unlock the bootloader on Lenovo Z5. < IMP STEP.
- TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z5.
Method 1: Install CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5
1. First of all, download CWM recovery image of the device from the web.
2. And rename it as CWM.img
3. Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the phone and install it on PC.
4. Now, setup ADB and fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install process For ADB :
1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
5. Continue Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – finished! Source – XDA
5. Open the folder – “CWM.img”
6. And open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
7. Now, connect your Lenovo Z5 to PC.
8. And, boot your device into fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
9. Now the device will boot into the fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
10. Replace CWM.img above with the name of your CWM recovery image file.
11. Now it will start flashing CWM Recovery and after that type the following –
12. This command will reboot your device.
13. And congrats, finally you have successfully installed CWM custom Recovery on Lenovo Z5.
Also Read: How to Root Lenovo Z5.
Method 2: Install CWM Recovery on Lenovo Z5 without PC
- This step is easy and fast to install. However, you need to get root access on Lenovo Z5 in order to install CWM custom recovery through this method.
- And now download and install Rom Manager app from Play store on Lenovo Z5.
- Take a backup of your current Rom. To do that click on “Backup Current Rom”.
- After that name your backup and proceed.
- Next step is to click on “Flash Clockworkmod Recovery”.
- And then Rom manager will ask for the model number. Select the appropriate model number and then proceed.
- The file will start downloading and wait for it to complete. Then when asked to install, proceed.
- The phone will reboot and install CWM custom recovery on it.
- That’s it your Lenovo Z5 has CWM custom recovery successfully installed.
How to Boot into CWM Recovery Mode on Lenovo Z5?
Wondering how to boot into recovery mode? It’s simple all you need to do is, go to the Rom manager app and click on “Reboot into Recovery” and your phone will boot into the recovery mode.
Related Article. How to Unroot Lenovo Z5 and go back to stock ROM.