How to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 8X? OEM Unlock!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the Honor 8X smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Honor 8X smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.5 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2340 pixels. A total of 396 pixels per inch.
- And Honor 8X also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Honor 8X has a Hisilicon Kirin 710.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/6GB Ram and 64GB/128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Honor 8X – 20MP + 2MP dual rear camera and 16MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Honor 8X is a non-removable 3750 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Honor 8X?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Honor 8X smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Honor 8X?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Honor 8X:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Honor 8X smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 8X?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Honor 8X:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Honor 8X by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- UPDATE – Huawei has currently disabled the service to provide unlock code for their smartphones. Honor 8X is a newly launched device & needs a further procedure to unlock the bootloader successfully. I recommend you to bookmark this page as whenever the development on this phone comes, this article will be updated.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Honor 8X.
- UPDATE – Huawei Has Currently Stopped Supporting Unlock Requests and no longer recommends unlocking the bootloader on their devices. If anytime in future, Huawei starts allowing then above is the method.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Honor 8X then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀