Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Most Common Problems & Issues + Solution Fix – Tips & Tricks!
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is another budget-oriented smartphone by the company, but is it perfect all around? Obviously no. First of All, in this article, we address some of the common issues and problems in Xiaomi Redmi Y2 smartphone and next, with the proven solution to it. So, do stay until the end.
- 1 Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Common Issues and Problems 2020
- 2 Tips & Tricks
- 2.1 Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Phone unexpectedly shutting down
- 2.2 Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Screen frozen or stuck
- 2.3 Apps Opening slow on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- 2.4 Apps and Games Crashes Suddenly or Unexpectedly on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- 2.5 Bluetooth not connecting on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- 2.6 Display cracked and touch not working on Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- 2.7 Wi-fi Connection problem or low range of Wi-fi on Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- 2.8 Cellular network issue or Mobile Data Problem on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- 2.9 Apps not downloading from the Play store on Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- 2.10 About Xiaomi Redmi Y2
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Common Issues and Problems 2020
Welcome, I am here to help you out with certain Issues on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2. Please do carefully go through all the topics that are covered under this article. PLEASE DO NOT RUSH. It will eventually help you 😀
To cure Heating Issue, Battery Problem & Laggy UI check this article. How to Fix Heating, Battery Issue & Laggy UI Problem on your Android Phone.
Tips & Tricks
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Phone unexpectedly shutting down
This issue is common among most of the Android smartphones. If this problem arises then consider the following steps –
How to fix sudden shut down in Xiaomi Redmi Y2?
- First of all, if you encounter this issue then you may want to take care of the heating issue as well. As, if the phone temperature rises up to the maximum level, then you can face this issue.
- Second, charge your phone fully and let the battery drain until the phone is completely shut down on its own.
- Lastly, you can perform a factory reset on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2. Do not restore backup thereafter, instead manually restore your data.
Also, Unlock Bootloader
If you follow the above steps and still encountering sudden shutdown, then its time to go to service center.
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Screen frozen or stuck
If your phone is stuck while doing a task or making phone calls or maybe while playing games. Then, follow the steps below.
How to fix screen froze or stuck on Xiaomi Redmi Y2?
- Firstly, if you are encountering the issue only in particular app such as Instagram. Then you don’t need to worry and blame your phone for that. The app needs the update or further optimization for the particular device model.
- If you are getting stuck on the default apps on Xiaomi Redmi Y2 such as Phone, Messaging or the camera app. Then, go to setting > apps > default apps, then choose the app you are getting issues with and clear its cache.
- Lastly, a factory reset or phone format could help you solve the problem.
Consider the above steps and you are good to go 😀
Apps Opening slow on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2
If the apps on your phone are opening apps slower then is used to be, then follow the steps below.
How to Fix Apps opening slowly on Xiaomi Redmi Y2?
- Firstly, some apps by its nature open slowly, such as large graphics intensive games and apps such as Youtube. That should be fine.
- If every app is opening slow on your Xiaomi Redmi Y2 then you need to restart your device, so that services could run fresh.
- Finally, go and wipe your Xiaomi Redmi Y2 and start from a new device.
Also, How to Root
If the problem still arises, go to your nearest service provider.
Apps and Games Crashes Suddenly or Unexpectedly on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2
If you are one of few getting this problem, then you should solve the issue by following the steps below.
How to fix sudden app crashes on Xiaomi Redmi Y2?
- First, go to the Xiaomi Redmi Y2’s setting > apps, then click on the app which is crashing frequently and clear its data.
- Second, uninstall the app and install it again from the play store.
- Update the app from the play store.
Also, Install Custom ROM
This should probably fix your problem. If the problem is still there then drop a comment below describing your issue.
Bluetooth not connecting on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2
Bluetooth problems may occur from time to time while connecting with other devices. Take the following steps
How to fix Bluetooth connection issue on Xiaomi Redmi Y2?
- First of all, make sure your phone is up to date. Check OTA updates and update the phone as soon as possible.
- Second, make sure your device is discoverable to other devices and vice versa.
- Lastly, try turning Bluetooth on and off for few times on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2
Above step will definitely make your Bluetooth connection stable.
Display cracked and touch not working on Xiaomi Redmi Y2
Your phone display is cracked and you want to access the data. Do following.
How to access data if phone touch is not working on Xiaomi Redmi Y2?
- Connect your phone to a computer or laptop via USB C cable. You can access your data from the PC.
- If you want to use some apps on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2, get an OTG cable and wireless keyboard and mouse. Connect OTG cable to the phone and connect the wireless receiver to the cable. You can access your phone just like a computer.
Also, Unlock Bootloader
Above, will help you access your Xiaomi Redmi Y2 phone even if your touch is not working.
Wi-fi Connection problem or low range of Wi-fi on Xiaomi Redmi Y2
If your phone is getting the low range or wi-fi problem then take the following steps.
How to Fix Wi-fi Connection problem on Xiaomi Redmi Y2?
- First things first, check your router or modem. Try resetting its settings.
- Make sure there is no obstacle in front of the router.
- Also, turn your airplane mode on for 1 minute and turn it off again on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2.
If the above steps did not work for you, then try connecting your phone to a different Wi-fi connection and see if it’s the same or not. You may want to show your phone to the service center for any defects.
Cellular network issue or Mobile Data Problem on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2
If your phone is not getting the proper signal or mobile data network is not working as it used to work before then try the steps below.
How to fix Cellular network and Mobile Data network in Xiaomi Redmi Y2?
- Firstly, Take your sim card off and put it again.
- Turn on Airplane mode for 30 seconds and then turn it off.
- Tweak network settings from the settings menu on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2.
- Finally, go to the service provider and make him/her do the rest.
Also, Root the Phone
Your phone will work as expected by following steps. if you have any more issue regarding the network then drop a comment below.
Apps not downloading from the Play store on Xiaomi Redmi Y2
This is one of the common issues among Android users. Take the following steps.
How to Fix Apps not downloading from play store on Xiaomi Redmi Y2?
- First, Go to settings on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 and clear app data of the app Play Store.
- Then, Clear local search history from the Play store app.
This should solve your issue. If you have any other problems regarding play store do let me know in the comment section below. I will be happy to help you. 😀
That’s it we have covered all the issues and problems regarding Xiaomi Redmi Y2 smartphone and How to FIX them. If there are any more issues with your Xiaomi Redmi Y2 then drop a comment and I will update the article.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Xiaomi Redmi Y2 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 5.99 inches display with a resolution of 720 by 1440 pixels. A total of 269 pixels per inch.
- And Xiaomi Redmi Y2 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Xiaomi Redmi Y2 has a Snapdragon 625 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/3GB Ram and 64GB/32GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Xiaomi Redmi Y2 – 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear camera and 16MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is a non-removable 3080 mAh.