Unroot Xiaomi Redmi 6 & Restore – Stock ROM Download!
In this article, I will display step by step instruction guide on how to unroot the Xiaomi Redmi 6 with just one click. Furthermore, I will showcase three simple methods on the same. And also how to restore stock ROM on the Xiaomi Redmi 6. Alright, let’s start.
- 0.1 About Xiaomi Redmi 6
- 0.2 What do you mean by Unroot or Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Android Phone?
- 0.3 What are the advantages of Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi 6?
- 0.4 What if I have custom ROM installed on the phone? How do I go back to stock ROM or stock firmware?
- 1 How to Unroot the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Android Phone?
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Xiaomi Redmi 6 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 5.45 inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 by 1440 pixels. A total of 295 pixels per inch.
- And Redmi 6 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a MediaTek MT6762 Helio P22 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/3GB Ram and 64GB/32GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Redmi 6- 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear camera and 5 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Redmi 6 is a non-removable 3000 mAh.
What do you mean by Unroot or Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Android Phone?
Unroot or unrooting the Redmi 6 Android device simply means going back. When you root the device, you get the permission to do extra customization on the phone. But due to some reason you want to go back and unroot the phone. So that the phone return to stock.
What are the advantages of Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi 6?
So, the only main advantage of unrooting the Redmi 6 Android phone is to get the warranty back. The warranty is void when you root the device. When something goes wrong in the smartphone, you want to go back and unroot and claim the warranty. Unrooting is pretty easy and convenient for the users.
What if I have custom ROM installed on the phone? How do I go back to stock ROM or stock firmware?
- First of all, Boot into recovery mode ie, TWRP custom recovery or CWM custom recovery on the Redmi 6.
- And then go to Backup and Restore > Restore > “Choose the backup file” (I am sure you did backup your current firmware before installing custom ROM on the phone)
- And now reboot the phone.
- So, you are now back to stock ROM on the Redmi 6. But the phone still has root access, to unroot the phone consider the steps below.
- UPDATE – Stock ROM for Redmi 6 has been added. Check below for the file.
Do note that the above procedure does not Install Stock Recovery it only installs the stock ROM.
Also, Read How to Install Custom ROM on the phone.
How to Unroot the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Android Phone?
Important points before Unrooting the Redmi 6:
- Firstly, charge the phone fully.
- And only use genuine accessories such as data cable.
- Carefully see step by step instruction guide.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the smartphone.
Let’s Unroot the Xiaomi Redmi 6: SuperSU METHOD 1
This method is for the users who rooted their Redmi 6 with the help of SuperSU zip file.
- Launch SuperSU app and go to setting.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- And tap on “Full Unroot” button.
- Let the process start and the device will reboot.
- Finally, you have successfully unrooted your Xiaomi Redmi 6 with the help of SuperSU app.
An IMPORTANT article related to the phone. How to root this phone.
How to Unroot the Xiaomi Redmi 6 with just one click: METHOD 2
- Fully charge the phone.
- Turn on Wi-fi or mobile data network on your phone.
Lets Unroot Your Redmi 6
- Download KingoRoot Application on your smartphone.
- Install the App on your Redmi 6.
- Open the app and click on Unroot Your Phone option in the app.
- Let the process happen and make sure you do not interrupt the whole process.
- That’s it congratulations you have successfully unrooted the Redmi 6 with just one click.
Also Read. How to unlock the bootloader.
How to UnRoot Xiaomi Redmi 6 with PC: METHOD 3
- Download and install KingoRoot PC application on your computer or laptop.
- And now connect the Redmi 6 phone via data cable to your PC.
- Next, Open the KingoRoot application.
- And click on the “Remove Root” or “Unroot” option in the application.
- Finally, congratulations just wait for a few minutes and voila your phone Xiaomi Redmi 6 is now back to stock.
Stock ROM/Firmware Download for Xiaomi Redmi 6
UPDATE – 3rd October 2018
MIUI 10 Stable ROM Downloads
In conclusion, I hope this article helped you out in successfully unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi 6. And if you have encountered any issues regarding unrooting the device then do let me know in the comment section below.