How to Unroot Xiaomi Redmi Go & Restore Stock ROM? – Install!
In this article, I will display step by step instruction guide on how to unroot the Xiaomi Redmi Go with just one click. Furthermore, I will showcase three simple methods on the same. And also how to restore stock ROM on the Xiaomi Redmi Go. Alright, let’s start.
- 0.1 About Xiaomi Redmi Go
- 0.2 What do you mean by Unroot or Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi Go Android Phone?
- 0.3 What are the advantages of Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi Go?
- 0.4 What if I have custom ROM installed on the phone? How do I go back to stock ROM or stock firmware?
- 1 How to Unroot the Xiaomi Redmi Go Android Phone?
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Xiaomi Redmi Go smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 5.0 inches display with a resolution of 720 by 1280 pixels. A total of 294 pixels per inch.
- And Xiaomi Redmi Go also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 425 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 1GB Ram and 8GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 8MP rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3000 mAh.
What do you mean by Unroot or Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi Go Android Phone?
Unroot or unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi Go Android device simply means going back. When you root the device, you get the permission to do extra customization on the phone. But due to some reason you want to go back and unroot the phone. So that the phone return to stock.
What are the advantages of Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi Go?
So, the only main advantage of unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi Go Android phone is to get the warranty back. The warranty is void when you root the device. When something goes wrong in the smartphone, you want to go back and unroot and claim the warranty. Unrooting is pretty easy and convenient for the users.
What if I have custom ROM installed on the phone? How do I go back to stock ROM or stock firmware?
- First of all, Boot into recovery mode ie, TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Go. (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
- And then go to Backup and Restore > Restore > “Choose the backup file” (I am sure you did back up your current firmware before installing custom ROM on the phone).
- And now reboot the phone.
- So, you are now back to stock ROM on the Xiaomi Redmi Go. But the phone still has root access, to unroot the phone consider the steps below.
Do note that the above procedure does not Install Stock Recovery it only installs the stock ROM.
Also, Read How to Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Go. (Custom ROM Download File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
How to Unroot the Xiaomi Redmi Go Android Phone?
Important points before Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi Go:
- Firstly, charge the phone fully.
- And only use genuine accessories such as data cable.
- Carefully see step by step instruction guide to unroot the Xiaomi Redmi Go.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the smartphone. Please do it at your own risk.
Let’s Unroot the Xiaomi Redmi Go: SuperSU METHOD 1
This method is for the users who rooted their Xiaomi Redmi Go with the help of SuperSU zip file.
- Launch SuperSU app and go to setting.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- And tap on “Full Unroot” button.
- Let the process start and the device will reboot.
- Finally, you have successfully unrooted your Xiaomi Redmi Go with the help of the SuperSU app.
An IMPORTANT article related to the phone. Root Xiaomi Redmi Go.
How to Unroot the Xiaomi Redmi Go with just one click: METHOD 2
- Fully charge the phone.
- Also, turn on Wi-fi or mobile data network on your phone.
Lets Unroot Your Xiaomi Redmi Go
- Firstly, download KingoRoot Application on your smartphone.
- Install the App on your Xiaomi Redmi Go.
- Open the app and click on Unroot Your Phone option in the app.
- Let the process happen and make sure you do not interrupt the whole process.
- That’s it congratulations you have successfully unrooted the Xiaomi Redmi Go with just one click.
- Try a different method if you fail to unroot the device via this method.
Also Read. Unlock Bootloader on the Xiaomi Redmi Go.
How to UnRoot Xiaomi Redmi Go with PC: METHOD 3
- First of all, download and install KingoRoot PC application on your computer or laptop.
- Furthermore, connect the Xiaomi Redmi Go phone via data cable to your PC.
- Next, Open the KingoRoot application.
- And click on the “Remove Root” or “Unroot” option in the application.
- Finally, congratulations just wait for a few minutes and voila your phone Xiaomi Redmi Go is now back to stock.
In conclusion, I hope this article helped you out in successfully unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi Go. And if you have encountered any issues regarding unrooting the device then do let me know in the comment section below.