Unroot Xiaomi Mi 8 & Restore – Stock ROM Download!
In this article, I will display step by step instruction guide on how to unroot the Xiaomi Mi 8 with just one click. Furthermore, I will showcase three simple methods on the same. And also how to restore stock ROM on the Xiaomi Mi 8. Alright, let’s start.
- 0.1 About Xiaomi Mi 8
- 0.2 What do you mean by Unroot or Unrooting the Xiaomi Mi 8 Android Phone?
- 0.3 What are the advantages of Unrooting the Xiaomi Mi 8?
- 0.4 What if I have custom ROM installed on the phone? How do I go back to stock ROM or stock firmware?
- 1 How to Unroot the Xiaomi Mi 8 Android Phone?
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Xiaomi Mi 8 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.21 inches Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 by 2248 pixels. A total of 402 pixels per inch.
- And Mi 8 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Mi 8 has a Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB Ram and 64GB/128GB/256GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Mi 8- 12 MP + 12 MP dual rear camera and 20 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Xiaomi Mi 8 is a non-removable 3400 mAh.
What do you mean by Unroot or Unrooting the Xiaomi Mi 8 Android Phone?
Unroot or unrooting the Xiaomi Mi 8 Android device simply means going back. When you root the device, you get the permission to do extra customization on the phone. But due to some reason you want to go back and unroot the phone. So that the phone return to stock.
What are the advantages of Unrooting the Xiaomi Mi 8?
So, the only main advantage of unrooting the Xiaomi Mi 8 Android phone is to get the warranty back. The warranty is void when you root the device. When something goes wrong in the smartphone, you want to go back and unroot and claim the warranty. Unrooting is pretty easy and convenient for the users.
What if I have custom ROM installed on the phone? How do I go back to stock ROM or stock firmware?
- First of all, Boot into recovery mode ie, TWRP custom recovery or CWM custom recovery on the Xiaomi Mi 8.
- And then go to Backup and Restore > Restore > “Choose the backup file” (I am sure you did backup your current firmware before installing custom ROM on the phone)
- And now reboot the phone.
- So, you are now back to stock ROM on the Xiaomi Mi 8. But the phone still has root access, to unroot the phone consider the steps below.
- UPDATE – Stock ROM for Xiaomi Mi 8 Has been added. Check Below for the file.
Do note that the above procedure does not Install Stock Recovery it only installs the stock ROM.
Also, Read Install Custom ROM on the phone.
How to Unroot the Xiaomi Mi 8 Android Phone?
Important points before Unrooting the Xiaomi Mi 8:
- Firstly, charge the phone fully.
- And only use genuine accessories such as data cable.
- Carefully see step by step instruction guide.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the smartphone.
Let’s Unroot the Xiaomi Mi 8: SuperSU METHOD 1
This method is for the users who rooted their Xiaomi Mi 8 with the help of SuperSU zip file.
- Launch SuperSU app and go to setting.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- And tap on “Full Unroot” button.
- Let the process start and the device will reboot.
- Finally, you have successfully unrooted your Xiaomi Mi 8 with the help of SuperSU app.
An IMPORTANT article related to the phone. Root this phone.
How to Unroot the Xiaomi Mi 8 with just one click: METHOD 2
- Fully charge the phone.
- Turn on Wi-fi or mobile data network on your phone.
Lets Unroot Your Xiaomi Mi 8
- Download KingoRoot Application on your smartphone.
- Install the App on your Xiaomi Mi 8.
- Open the app and click on Unroot Your Phone option in the app.
- Let the process happen and make sure you do not interrupt the whole process.
- That’s it congratulations you have successfully unrooted the Xiaomi Mi 8 with just one click.
Also Read. Unlock the bootloader.
How to UnRoot Xiaomi Mi 8 with PC: METHOD 3
- Download and install KingoRoot PC application on your computer or laptop.
- And now connect the Xiaomi Mi 8 phone via data cable to your PC.
- Next, Open the KingoRoot application.
- And click on the “Remove Root” or “Unroot” option in the application.
- Finally, congratulations just wait for a few minutes and voila your phone Xiaomi Mi 8 is now back to stock.
Stock ROM/Firmware Download for Xiaomi Mi 8
UPDATE – 19th October 2018
Stock ROM Downloads for Xiaomi Mi 8
Quick Note – Fastboot Method download is used for the device with unlock bootloader whereas Recovery Method download is used for the device with the previous beta builds.
In conclusion, I hope this article helped you out in successfully unrooting the Xiaomi Mi 8. And if you have encountered any issues regarding unrooting the device then do let me know in the comment section below.