How to Unroot Honor Magic 2 & Restore Stock ROM?
In this article, I will display step by step instruction guide on how to unroot the Honor Magic 2 with just one click. Furthermore, I will showcase three simple methods on the same. And also how to restore stock ROM on the Honor Magic 2. Alright, let’s start.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Honor Magic 2 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.39 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2340 pixels. A total of 403 pixels per inch.
- And Honor Magic 2 also comes with Android 9.0 Pie.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Hisilicon Kirin 980 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 8GB/6GB Ram and 128GB/256GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 16MP + 16MP + 24MP triple rear camera and 16MP + 2MP + 2MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3500 mAh.
What do you mean by Unroot or Unrooting the Honor Magic 2 Android Phone?
Unroot or unrooting the Honor Magic 2 Android device simply means going back. When you root the device, you get the permission to do extra customization on the phone. But due to some reason you want to go back and unroot the phone. So that the phone return to stock.
What are the advantages of Unrooting the Honor Magic 2?
So, the only main advantage of unrooting the Honor Magic 2 Android phone is to get the warranty back. The warranty is void when you root the device. When something goes wrong in the smartphone, you want to go back and unroot and claim the warranty. Unrooting is pretty easy and convenient for the users.
What if I have custom ROM installed on the phone? How do I go back to stock ROM or stock firmware?
- First of all, Boot into recovery mode ie, TWRP custom recovery on Honor Magic 2.
- And then go to Backup and Restore > Restore > “Choose the backup file” (I am sure you did back up your current firmware before installing custom ROM on the phone).
- And now reboot the phone.
- So, you are now back to stock ROM on the Honor Magic 2. But the phone still has root access, to unroot the phone consider the steps below.
Do note that the above procedure does not Install Stock Recovery it only installs the stock ROM.
Also, Read How to Install Custom ROM on Honor Magic 2.
How to Unroot the Honor Magic 2 Android Phone?
Important points before Unrooting the Honor Magic 2:
- Firstly, charge the phone fully.
- And only use genuine accessories such as data cable.
- Carefully see step by step instruction guide to unroot the Honor Magic 2.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the smartphone. Please do it at your own risk.
Let’s Unroot Honor Magic 2: SuperSU METHOD 1
This method is for the users who rooted their Honor Magic 2 with the help of SuperSU zip file.
- Launch SuperSU app and go to setting.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- And tap on “Full Unroot” button.
- Let the process start and the device will reboot.
- Finally, you have successfully unrooted your Honor Magic 2 with the help of the SuperSU app.
An IMPORTANT article related to the phone. Root Honor Magic 2.
How to Unroot the Honor Magic 2 with just one click: METHOD 2
- Fully charge the phone.
- Also, turn on Wi-fi or mobile data network on your phone.
Lets Unroot Your Honor Magic 2
- Firstly, download KingoRoot Application on your smartphone.
- Install the App on your Honor Magic 2.
- Open the app and click on Unroot Your Phone option in the app.
- Let the process happen and make sure you do not interrupt the whole process.
- That’s it congratulations you have successfully unrooted the Honor Magic 2 with just one click.
- Try a different method if you fail to unroot the device via this method.
Also Read. Unlock Bootloader on the Honor Magic 2.
How to UnRoot Honor Magic 2 with PC: METHOD 3
- First of all, download and install KingoRoot PC application on your computer or laptop.
- Furthermore, connect the Honor Magic 2 phone via data cable to your PC.
- Next, Open the KingoRoot application.
- And click on the “Remove Root” or “Unroot” option in the application.
- Finally, congratulations just wait for a few minutes and voila your phone Honor Magic 2 is now back to stock.
In conclusion, I hope this article helped you out in successfully unrooting the Honor Magic 2. And if you have encountered any issues regarding unrooting the device then do let me know in the comment section below.
Do you want to know about Tech Droid Tips Motive? or the Development Process? Or about the article you just read? Then CLICK HERE to learn more.