How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 11? MIUI Unlock TOOL!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the Mi 11 smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Mi 11 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.81 inches display with a resolution of 1440 by 3200 pixels. A total of 515 pixels per inch.
- And Mi 11 also comes with Android 11
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 888 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 8/12GB Ram and 128/256/512GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 108 + 13 + 5MP triple rear camera and 20MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 4600 mAh.
MUST-READ – Various Issues on the Mi 11 & How to Fix Them
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Mi 11?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Mi 11 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one needs to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking the bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 11
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Mi 11?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Mi 11:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Mi 11 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root Mi 11
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Mi 11
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Mi 11 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is an OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Furthermore, you will be asked for a full factory reset of your smartphone before unlocking, so make sure to back up your data before proceeding.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.Also, In settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status > Agree.
- And now go to the MIUI unlock website and click on “Unlock Now”.
- Furthermore, the website will ask for account information for MI users.
- After login, fill the form. (Name, Country, Phone Number & proper reason for unlocking the phone’s bootloader)
- And after you have filled in all the information, checkboxes, click on apply now.
- Also, you need to verify the phone number, on the next page when asked, enter your phone number & OTP when it arrives on your phone.
- Wait till this message appears. “Application has been successfully submitted, Please be patient review“.
- You will get a message on the phone number confirming that you are now eligible to unlock the bootloader on Mi 11.
- Also, it may take several days for the confirmation message to arrive.
Related.How to Install Custom ROM on Mi 11
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, it’s quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone device. And Still, some smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot Mi 11 and go back to stock ROM
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Mi 11 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀