How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 10i? MIUI Unlock TOOL!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the Mi 10i smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Mi 10i smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.67 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2400 pixels. A total of 395 pixels per inch.
- And Mi 10i also comes with Android 10
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 750G chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6/8GB Ram and 128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 108 + 8 + 2+ 2 MP quad rear camera and 16MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 4820 mAh.
MUST-READ – Various Issues on the Mi 10i & How to Fix Them
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Mi 10i?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Mi 10i smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one needs to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking the bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 10i
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Mi 10i?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Mi 10i:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Mi 10i smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root Mi 10i
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Mi 10i
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Mi 10i by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is an OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Furthermore, you will be asked for a full factory reset of your smartphone before unlocking, so make sure to back up your data before proceeding.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- Also, In settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status > Agree.
- And now go to the MIUI unlock website and click on “Unlock Now”.
- Furthermore, the website will ask for account information for MI users.
- After login, fill the form. (Name, Country, Phone Number & proper reason for unlocking the phone’s bootloader)
- And after you have filled in all the information, checkboxes, click on apply now.
- Also, you need to verify the phone number, on the next page when asked, enter your phone number & OTP when it arrives on your phone.
- Wait till this message appears. “Application has been successfully submitted, Please be patient review“.
- You will get a message on the phone number confirming that you are now eligible to unlock the bootloader on Mi 10i.
- Also, it may take several days for the confirmation message to arrive.
Next, Unlock Procedure
- Thereafter, download MI Fash Unlock Tool on the PC, install the application.
- Next tap AGREE > Sign in with your MI Account > connect your phone via the original cable of the Mi 10i.
- And now hold the Power + Volume Down button simultaneously. Mi 10i will boot into the Fastboot mode.
- In the last step, click on “UNLOCK” after the application shows the Mi 10i.
- And if asked, click on Unlock Anyway and proceed.
- Finally, wait for the MI Flash Unlock Tool to say Unlocked Successfully.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Mi 10i.
Related.How to Install Custom ROM on Mi 10i
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, it’s quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone device. And Still, some smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot Mi 10i and go back to stock ROM
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Mi 10i then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀