How to Unlock Bootloader on VIVO V9 Pro? OEM Unlock!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on VIVO V9 Pro smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched VIVO V9 Pro smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.3 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And VIVO V9 Pro also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, VIVO V9 Pro has a Snapdragon 660 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB Ram and 64GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on VIVO V9 Pro – 13MP + 2MP dual rear camera and 12MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the VIVO V9 Pro is a non-removable 3260 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on VIVO V9 Pro?
Unlocking Bootloader on the VIVO V9 Pro smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on VIVO V9 Pro?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the VIVO V9 Pro:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your VIVO V9 Pro smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on VIVO V9 Pro?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the VIVO V9 Pro:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on VIVO V9 Pro by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- UPDATE – This article is under development and needs an update. VIVO has high security on their smartphones & needs individual development. This is a newly launched smartphone, therefore, will take some time. I will update the article ASAP 😀
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the VIVO V9 Pro.
Related. How to Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on VIVO V9 Pro then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀