How to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 – OEM UNLOCK!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.4 inches display with a resolution of 1440 by 2960 pixels. A total of 516 pixels per inch.
- And Samsung Galaxy Note 9 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has an Exynos 9810/Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 8GB/6GB Ram and 512GB/128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 – 12MP + 12MP dual rear camera and 8MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is a non-removable 4000 mAh.
Also, Read – Various Issues on the phone & How to Fix Them.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Note 9?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Note 9?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Note 9?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- UPDATE – OEM Unlock option helps Samsung smartphone to unlock its bootloader when running on Exynos chipset. There is a different procedure for the Snapdragon variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- UPDATE – If you are not seeing OEM Unlock option on the Note 9, then wait for at least 7 days post your purchase. Furthermore, if you want the option now, you can change your device date in the setting menu.
- UPDATE – You can now install TWRP Recovery on Snapdragon Variant of the Galaxy Note 9.
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀