How to Unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J8? – TDT
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J8smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Samsung Galaxy J8 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6 inches Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 720 by 720 pixels. A total of 274 pixels per inch.
- And Samsung Galaxy J8 also comes with Android 8.0 OREO.
- And under the hood, Samsung Galaxy J8 has a Snapdragon 450 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4 GB Ram and 64 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Samsung Galaxy J8- 16MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 16MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on Samsung Galaxy J8 is a non-removable 3500 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J8?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy J8 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J8?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy J8:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy J8 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J8?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy J8:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Samsung Galaxy J8 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy J8.
- UPDATE 14th August 2018 – the Galaxy J8 comes with Snapdragon chipset, as a result, you will have to perform further steps, to unlock the bootloader. For now, there is no development on this device to unlock the bootloader successfully. I recommend you to wait for the procedure. Bookmark this page for further development of the device bootloader. I will update the article ASAP 😀
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Samsung Galaxy J8 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀