How to Unlock Bootloader on Razer Phone 2? OEM Unlock!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Razer Phone 2 smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Razer Phone 2 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 5.7 inches display with a resolution of 1440 by 2560 pixels. A total of 513 pixels per inch.
- And Razer Phone 2 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 8GB Ram and 64GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 12MP + 12MP dual rear camera and 8MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 4000 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Razer Phone 2?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Razer Phone 2 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Razer Phone 2?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Razer Phone 2:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Razer Phone 2 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root Razer Phone 2.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Razer Phone 2?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Razer Phone 2:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Razer Phone 2 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- UPDATE – This Article is under development & requires addition procedure. As the Razer Phone 2 is a newly launched device, I recommend you to bookmark this page. I will update the article as soon as the development arises.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Razer Phone 2.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot Razer Phone 2 and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Razer Phone 2 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀