Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 9 Pro via Official Method!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus 9 Pro smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched OnePlus 9 Pro smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.7 inches display with a resolution of 1440 by 3216 pixels.
- And OnePlus 9 Pro also comes with Android 11
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 888 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 8/12GB Ram and 128/256GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 48 + 8 + 50 + 2 quad rear camera and 16MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 4500 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on OnePlus 9 Pro?
Unlocking Bootloader on the OnePlus 9 Pro smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one needs to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking the bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 9 Pro
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 9 Pro?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the OnePlus 9 Pro:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 9 Pro smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root OnePlus 9 Pro
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus 9 Pro
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on OnePlus 9 Pro by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is an OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Furthermore, you will be asked for a full factory reset of your smartphone before unlocking, so make sure to back up your data before proceeding.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- Now, set up ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process
- Next, reboot your phone to the bootloader by holding the volume down & power button after turning off your phone
- Furthermore, open a command window. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your OnePlus 9 Pro to your PC.
- And, boot your OnePlus 9 Pro device into Fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
Fastboot oem unlock
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the OnePlus 9 Pro.
Related.How to Install Custom ROM on OnePlus 9 Pro
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, it’s quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone device. And Still, some smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot OnePlus 9 Pro and go back to stock ROM
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on OnePlus 9 Pro then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀