Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 8 via Official Methods – Unlock TOOL!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus 8 smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched OnePlus 8 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.55 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2400 pixels.
- And OnePlus 8 also comes with Android 10
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 865 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 8/12GB Ram and 128/256GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 48 + 6 + 2 MP rear camera and 16MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 4300 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on OnePlus 8?
Unlocking Bootloader on the OnePlus 8 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one needs to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking the bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 8?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the OnePlus 8:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 8 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root OnePlus 8
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus 8
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on OnePlus 8 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is an OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Furthermore, you will be asked for a full factory reset of your smartphone before unlocking, so make sure to back up your data before proceeding.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the OnePlus 8.
Related.How to Install Custom ROM on OnePlus 8
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, it’s quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone device. And Still, some smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot OnePlus 8 and go back to stock ROM
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on OnePlus 8 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀