How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T? FastBoot Simple Method!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus 6T smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched OnePlus 6T smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.41 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. A total of 402 pixels per inch.
- And OnePlus 6T also comes with Android 9.0 Pie.
- And under the hood, OnePlus 6T has a Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB/8GB Ram and 128GB/256GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on OnePlus 6T – 16MP + 20MP dual rear camera and 16MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the OnePlus 6T is a non-removable 3700 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on OnePlus 6T?
Unlocking Bootloader on the OnePlus 6T smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 6T?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the OnePlus 6T:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 6T smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus 6T:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on OnePlus 6T by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- Furthermore, enable Advance Reboot in the developer options.
- Now, set up ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
- Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- Now after connecting your smartphone to the PC, long press the Power Button on the OnePlus 6T then select Reboot > Bootloader.
- Furthermore, Open a Command Windows on PC.
- After your phone is successfully connected and booted into the bootloader, type the following command – fastboot oem unlock
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the OnePlus 6T.
- And, your data will be fully wiped. The OnePlus 6T will automatically be rebooted.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on OnePlus 6T then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀