How to Unlock Bootloader On Redmi Note 8 Pro? MI Flash Unlock Tool!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.53 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2340 pixels. A total of 395 pixels per inch.
- And Redmi Note 8 Pro also comes with Android 9.0 Pie.
- And under the hood, the phone has a MediaTek Helio G90T chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB/8GB Ram and 64GB/128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 64MP + 8MP +2MP +2MP Quad rear camera and 20MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 4500 mAh.
Also, Have a look at our Redmi Note 8 Pro Review.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one needs to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8 Pro (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Redmi Note 8 Pro:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Redmi Note 8 Pro
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Redmi Note 8 Pro by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is an OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Furthermore, you will be asked for a full factory reset of your smartphone before unlocking, so make sure to back up your data before proceeding.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- Also, In settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status > Agree.
- And now go to MIUI unlock website and click on “Unlock Now”.
- Furthermore, the website will ask for account information for MI users.
- After login, fill the form. (Name, Country, Phone Number & proper reason for unlocking the phone’s bootloader)
- And after you have filled all the information, checkboxes, click on apply now.
- Also, you need to verify the phone number, on the next page when asked, enter your phone number & OTP when it arrives on your phone.
- Wait till this message to appear. “Application has been successfully submitted, Please be patience review“.
- You will get a message on the phone number confirming that you are now eligible to unlock the bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Also, it may take several days for the confirmation message to arrive.
Next, Unlock Procedure
- Thereafter, download MI Fash Unlock Tool on the PC, install the application.
- Next tap AGREE > Sign in with your MI Account > connect your phone via the original cable of the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- And now hold Power + Volume Down button simultaneously. Redmi Note 8 Pro will boot into the Fastboot mode.
- The last step, click on “UNLOCK” after the application shows the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- And if asked, click on Unlock Anyway and proceed.
- Finally, wait for the MI Flash Unlock Tool says Unlocked Successfully.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Related.How to Install Custom ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot Redmi Note 8 Pro and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Redmi Note 8 Pro then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀
Do you want to know about Tech Droid Tips Motive? or the Development Process? Or about the article you just read? Then CLICK HERE to learn more.