How to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7.1? OEM Unlock!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the Nokia 7.1 smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Nokia 7.1 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 5.84 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. A total of 432 pixels per inch.
- And Nokia 7.1 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 636 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/3GB Ram and 64GB/32GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 8MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3060 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Nokia 7.1?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Nokia 7.1 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Nokia 7.1?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Nokia 7.1:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Nokia 7.1 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root Nokia 7.1.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7.1?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Nokia 7.1:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Nokia 7.1 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- UPDATE – This article is under development & needs an additional procedure in order to unlock the bootloader on the Nokia 7.1 I recommend you to bookmark this page. I will update the article as soon as possible.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Nokia 7.1.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot Nokia 7.1 and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Nokia 7.1 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀