How to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G7 – Fastboot & ADB
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the Moto G7 smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Moto G7 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.2 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2270 pixels. A total of 405 pixels per inch.
- And Moto G7 also comes with Android 9 Pie.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 632 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB Ram and 64GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3000 mAh.
MUST READ – Various Issues on the Moto G7 & How to Fix Them.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Moto G7?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Moto G7 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Moto G7?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Moto G7:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Moto G7 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root Moto G7.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G7?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Moto G7:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Moto G7 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- Firstly, Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- Furthermore, make sure about the drivers, install properly on the computer. Also, take a backup of the necessary data because it will wipe your data.
- Also, now connect your Moto G7 phone to the PC.
Furthermore, Unlock Procedure
- Also, power off Moto G7 and then press the power and volume down button simultaneously. This will take your Moto G7 to the bootloader.
- Firstly, open the command prompt on the PC in the Fastboot folder (Win + R & then type cmd, click enter).
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Furthermore, the Fastboot will return the following message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- Also, the above Device ID is needed to get the unique unlock ID for the Moto G7 Android phone.
- Furthermore, combine & paste the ID above similarly –
- Also, copy the Device ID and also your phone’s IMEI number and paste it on the developer website. Head on to this webpage > scroll all the way down > Also, copy the unlock string without space > Click on Can my device be unlocked? > thereafter, and then click on REQUEST UNLOCK KEY > Agree to the popups.
- Finally, hit the confirm button and you will get an email from the company also containing the unlock code. (UNIQUE KEY)
- And also remember, the process will wipe the data on the Moto G7 phone.
- Furthermore, also type the following in the command prompt, furthermore, this will factory Reset the Moto G7 device.
fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
- Also, replace the above UNIQUE_KEY with the unlock code you received via mail.
- Finally, almost done, also to reboot the phone by entering the following code:
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Moto G7.
Related. How to Install Custom ROM on Moto G7. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot Moto G7 and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Moto G7 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀