How to Unlock bootloader on LG X5 (2018)? SIMPLE!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on LG X5 2018 smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
- 0.1 About LG X5 2018
- 0.2 What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on LG X5 2018?
- 0.3 What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on LG X5 2018?
- 1 How to Unlock Bootloader on LG X5 2018?
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched LG X5 2018 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.5 inches HD display with a resolution of 1280 × 720 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And LG X5 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a MediaTek MT6750 Octa-core 1.5Ghz chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 2GB Ram and 32GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on LG X5 2018- 13MP rear camera and 5 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on LG X5 is a non-removable 4500 mAh.
Also, Read – Various Issues on the phone & How to Fix Them.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on LG X5 2018?
Unlocking Bootloader on the LG X5 2018 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on LG X5 2018?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the LG X5 2018:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your LG X5 2018 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG X5 2018?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the LG X5 2018:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on LG X5 2018 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the LG X5 2018. This method should work because the phone has a MediaTek chipset, however, there is a possibility of bootloader not unlocking, in that case, consider the steps below.
Requirements for unlocking the bootloader for METHOD 2 & METHOD 3:
- Firstly, Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
Unlock Bootloader on LG X5 2018 – METHOD 2
- Connect your LG X5 phone to the computer.
- Next, open the folder where ADB and Fastboot are kept. Open the Command Prompt in the folder by clicking Swift key + right mouse click on an empty space.
- Once open, type the following command:
- And type this command and the phone will boot into the bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will boot into bootloader and also you will also see bootloader locked. To ensure the LG X5 2018 drivers are installed properly, type the following command:
- And this will show the serial number of the phone, you are OK to proceed. But in case, if no information, then your drivers are not properly installed on the PC.
- Finally, type the command below to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
- And now the process will start, after the completion type:
- Congrats, this will reboot the device wiping all your data and successfully unlocking the bootloader on the LG X5 2018 device.
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
Unlock Bootloader Via LG developers – METHOD 3
- First of all, make sure about the drivers, install properly on the computer. Also, take a backup of the necessary data.
- Also, you will need IMEI number of the LG X5 2018 phone.
- To get the IMEI number for the LG X5 phone, dial *#06# on the phone. You will get the IMEI number.
- And now connect your LG X5 2018 phone to the PC.
- Next, open the command prompt on the PC (Win + R & then type cmd, click enter). And type the following ADB Command code to reboot the phone into the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- And now you are in the bootloader mode on the LG X5 device. Also, type the following Fastboot code to get the device ID.
fastboot oem device-id
- And the Fastboot will return the following message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- Also, the above Device ID is needed to get the unique unlock ID for the LG X5 Android phone.
- And Now combine & paste the ID above. For example
- And next copy the Device ID and also your phone’s IMEI number and paste it on the LG’s developer website. Head on to this webpage > scroll all the way down > click Start Unlocking the Bootloader > fill your LG account details > and paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number”.
- Finally, hit the confirm button and you will get an email from LG containing the unlock.bin file. Download the file.
- Remember, the process will wipe the data on the LG X5 phone.
- And now type the following in the command prompt, this will factory Reset the LG device.
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- That’s it. And next reboot the phone by entering the following code:
- Finally, the bootloader is successfully unlocked on LG X5 2018.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on LG X5 2018 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀