How to Unlock Bootloader on LG V40 ThinQ? – LG’s Developer Website!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on LG V40 ThinQ smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched LG V40 ThinQ smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.4 inches display with a resolution of 1440 by 3120 pixels. A total of 537 pixels per inch.
- And LG V40 ThinQ also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, LG V40 ThinQ has a Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB Ram and 64 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on LG V40 ThinQ – 12MP + 12MP + 16MP triple rear camera and 8MP + 5MP dual front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the LG V40 ThinQ is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on LG V40 ThinQ?
Unlocking Bootloader on the LG V40 ThinQ smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on LG V40 ThinQ?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the LG V40 ThinQ:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your LG V40 ThinQ smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG V40 ThinQ?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the LG V40 ThinQ:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on LG V40 ThinQ by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- Firstly, Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- And now make sure about the drivers, install properly on the computer. Also, take a backup of the necessary data because it will wipe your data.
- Also, you will need IMEI number of the phone.
- To get the IMEI number for the LG V40 ThinQ phone, dial *#06# on the phone. You will get the IMEI number.
- And now connect your LG V40 ThinQ phone to the PC.
Furthermore, Unlock Procedure
- First of all, open the command prompt on the PC (Win + R & then type cmd, click enter). And also type the following ADB Command code to reboot the phone into the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- And now you are in the bootloader mode on the LG V40 ThinQ device. Also, type the following Fastboot code to get the device ID.
fastboot oem device-id
- Furthermore, the Fastboot will return the following message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- Also, the above Device ID is needed to get the unique unlock ID for the LG V40 ThinQ Android phone.
- Furthermore, combine & paste the ID above similarly –
- And next copy the Device ID and also your phone’s IMEI number and paste it on the developer website. Head on to this webpage > scroll all the way down > click Start Unlocking the Bootloader > fill your LG V40 ThinQ account details > and paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number”.
- Finally, hit the confirm button and you will get an email from the company also containing the unlock.bin file. Download the file.
- And also remember, the process will wipe the data on the LG V40 ThinQ phone.
- Finally, type the following in the command prompt, furthermore this will factory Reset the LG V40 ThinQ device.
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- Almost done, also to reboot the phone by entering the following code:
- UPDATE – You will only be able to unlock the LG V40 ThinQ once it is supported by the LG developer. Whenever the device is listed on this Page you may apply the method above given in this article. And so unlocking the bootloader.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the LG V40 ThinQ.
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on LG V40 ThinQ then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀