How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Stylo 4? Unlock Tool!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on LG Stylo 4 smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched LG Stylo 4 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.2 inches Full HD Plus Full Vision display with a resolution of 2160 by 1080 pixels. A total of 442 pixels per inch.
- And LG Stylo 4 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Stylo 4 has a Snapdragon 450 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 2GB Ram and 32GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Stylo 4 – 13MP rear camera and 5MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on LG Stylo 4 is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
Also, Read – Various Issues on the phone & How to Fix Them.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on LG Stylo 4?
Unlocking Bootloader on the LG Stylo 4 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on LG Stylo 4?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the LG Stylo 4:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your LG Stylo 4 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Stylo 4?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the LG Stylo 4:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on LG Stylo 4 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- You will be able to unlock bootloader only if the LG developer supports the device. However, at the time of writing this article, this device is not yet supported by LG Developers. The tutorial below is 100% correct & you may try the steps once the device is supported.
- Tech Droid Tips take no responsibility if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
Firstly, Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- And now make sure about the drivers, install properly on the computer. Also, take a backup of the necessary data.
- Also, you will need IMEI number of the LG Stylo 4 phone.
- To get the IMEI number for the LG Stylo 4 phone, dial *#06# on the phone. You will get the IMEI number.
- And now connect your LG phone to the PC.
- Next, open the command prompt on the PC (Win + R & then type cmd, click enter). And type the following ADB Command code to reboot the phone into the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- And now you are in the bootloader mode on the LG Stylo 4 device. Also, type the following Fastboot code to get the device ID.
fastboot oem device-id
- And the Fastboot will return the following message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- Also, the above Device ID is needed to get the unique unlock ID for the LG Stylo 4 Android phone.
- And Now combine & paste the ID above. For example
- And next copy the Device ID and also your phone’s IMEI number and paste it on the LG’s developer website. Head on to this webpage > scroll all the way down > click Start Unlocking the Bootloader > fill your LG account details > and paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number”.
- Finally, hit the confirm button and you will get an email from LG containing the unlock.bin file. Download the file.
- Remember, the process will wipe the data on the LG Stylo 4 phone.
- And now type the following in the command prompt, this will factory Reset the LG device.
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- That’s it. And next reboot the phone by entering the following code:
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the LG Stylo 4.
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on LG Stylo 4 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀
Do you want to know about Tech Droid Tips Motive? or the Development Process? Or about the article you just read? Then CLICK HERE to learn more.