How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G7 ThinQ? LG DEVELOPER CERTIFIED!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on LG G7 ThinQ smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched LG G7 ThinQ smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.1 inches display with a resolution of 1440 by 3120 pixels. A total of 564 pixels per inch.
- And LG G7 ThinQ also comes with Android 8.0 OREO.
- And under the hood, LG G7 ThinQ has a Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB/4GB Ram and 128GB/64GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on LG G7 ThinQ- 16MP + 16MP dual rear camera and 8MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on LG G7 ThinQ is a non-removable 3000 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on LG G7 ThinQ?
Unlocking Bootloader on the LG G7 ThinQ smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on LG G7 ThinQ?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the LG G7 ThinQ:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your LG G7 ThinQ smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G7 ThinQ?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the LG G7 ThinQ:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on LG G7 ThinQ by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Firstly, Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- And now make sure about the drivers, install properly on the computer. Also, take a backup of the necessary data.
- Also, you will need IMEI number of the LG G7 ThinQ phone.
- To get the IMEI number for the LG phone, dial *#06# on the phone. You will get the IMEI number.
- And now connect your LG G7 ThinQ phone to the PC.
- Next, open the command prompt on the PC (Win + R & then type cmd, click enter). And type the following ADB Command code to reboot the phone into the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- And now you are in the bootloader mode on the LG device. Also, type the following Fastboot code to get the device ID.
fastboot oem device-id
- And the Fastboot will return the following message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- Also, the above Device ID is needed to get the unique unlock ID for the LG G7 ThinQ Android phone.
- And Now combine & paste the ID above. For example
- And next copy the Device ID and also your phone’s IMEI number and paste it on the LG’s developer website. Head on to this webpage > scroll all the way down > click Start Unlocking the Bootloader > fill your LG account details > and paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number”.
- Finally, hit the confirm button and you will get an email from LG containing the unlock.bin file. Download the file.
- Remember, the process will wipe the data on the LG phone.
- And now type the following in the command prompt, this will factory Reset the LG device.
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- That’s it. And next reboot the phone by entering the following code:
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the LG G7 ThinQ.
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on LG G7 ThinQ then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀