How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 20?
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Huawei Mate 20 smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Huawei Mate 20 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.53 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2244 pixels. A total of 381 pixels per inch.
- And Huawei Mate 20 also comes with Android 9.0 Pie.
- And under the hood, Huawei Mate 20 has a Hisilicon Kirin 980 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/6GB Ram and 128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Huawei Mate 20 – 12MP + 16MP + 8MP triple rear camera and 24MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Huawei Mate 20 is a non-removable 4000 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Huawei Mate 20?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Huawei Mate 20 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Huawei Mate 20?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Huawei Mate 20:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Huawei Mate 20 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 20?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Huawei Mate 20:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Huawei Mate 20 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- UPDATE – Huawei has currently disabled the request for unlocking the bootloader at the time of writing this article.
- And now, firstly, login into your Huawei ID here, create one if you don’t have.
- Thereafter go to > CODE REQUEST PAGE and login to your account.
- And then agree or accept to the agreement page.
- And now to apply for your Huawei Mate 20 unlock code, fill in the necessary details ie, Product Model, Product Serial Number, Product IMEI or MEID, Product ID, and Verification code.
How to get the following information?
- Product Model – This is generally written on the manufacturer box or Setting > About Phone.
- Serial Number – You will find the serial number in Setting > About Phone > Status
- IMEI or MEID Number – Type *#06# on the keypad and tap call button.
- Product ID – Type *#*#1357946#*#* on the keypad and tap call button.
After all the details and verification, you will get the unlock code on the email id (it can take up to seven days). Keep it safe and proceed with the steps below.
- Firstly, Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- And now make sure about the drivers, install properly on the computer. Also, take a backup of the necessary data.
- Next, boot into Fastboot mode on the Huawei Mate 20. (Press and hold volume down + power key & wait for the logo.
- And connect your Huawei Mate 20 via official USB cable provided by the manufacturer.
- And now go to Fastboot and ADB folder > Open Command Prompt by pressing Shift key & right click on an empty space in the folder.
- Finally, Type in the following command & replace unlock code with the actual unlock code that you got.
fastboot oem unlock unlock code
- And press Enter and wait till the process is completed.
- After the process is done type the following command.
- And finally, the above command will reboot your Huawei Mate 20 device to normal.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Huawei Mate 20.
- UPDATE – Huawei Has Currently Stopped Supporting Unlock Requests and no longer recommends unlocking the bootloader on their devices. If anytime in future, Huawei starts allowing then above is the method.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Huawei Mate 20 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀