How to Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 3? Full guide!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Google Pixel 3 smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Google Pixel 3 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 5.5 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2160 pixels. A total of 443 pixels per inch.
- And Google Pixel 3 also comes with Android 9.0 Pie.
- And under the hood, Google Pixel 3 has a Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB Ram and 64GB/128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Google Pixel 3 – 12.2MP rear camera and 8MP + 8MP dual front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Google Pixel 3 is a non-removable 2915 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Google Pixel 3?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Google Pixel 3 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Google Pixel 3?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Google Pixel 3:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Google Pixel 3 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 3?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Google Pixel 3:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Google Pixel 3 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- Also, Enable USB debugging by going into the setting > developer options > USB debugging.
- Furthermore, Setup ADB and fastboot on your computer.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.3. Press Yes to install ADB system-wide or No for the current user only4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip5. Continue the Driver installation6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- Finally, after the procedure, you will get an Unlocked text warning, for that kindly reboot the Google Pixel 3 to Android 9 by entering the following command – fastboot reboot.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Google Pixel 3.
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Google Pixel 3 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀