How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy J6 Plus? OEM Unlock!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on the Galaxy J6 Plus smartphone. So, the company launched this smartphone and we are going to demonstrate this tutorial guide. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Galaxy J6 Plus smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.0 inches display with a resolution of 720 by 1480 pixels. A total of 274 pixels per inch.
- And Galaxy J6 Plus also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 425 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/3GB Ram and 64GB/32GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 13MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 8MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Galaxy J6 Plus?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Galaxy J6 Plus smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Galaxy J6 Plus?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Galaxy J6 Plus:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy J6 Plus smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root Galaxy J6 Plus.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy J6 Plus?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Galaxy J6 Plus:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Galaxy J6 Plus by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Tech Droid Tips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device. Please do it at your own risk.
- UPDATE – This article is under development. Galaxy J6 Plus is a newly launched smartphone, therefore, needs an additional development. Bookmark this page, I will update the article as soon as possible.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Galaxy J6 Plus.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot Galaxy J6 Plus and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Galaxy J6 Plus then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀