How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy J4 (2018): OEM Unlock
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy J4 2018 smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Galaxy J4 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.5 inches SUPER AMOLED display with a resolution of 720 by 1280 pixels. A total of 267 pixels per inch.
- And Galaxy J4 also comes with Android 8.0 OREO.
- And under the hood, J4 has an Exynos 7570 quad-core chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 2GB Ram and 16GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Galaxy J4- 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on Galaxy J4 is a removable 3000 mAh.
Also, Read – Various Issues on the phone & How to Fix Them.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Galaxy J4?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Galaxy J4 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Galaxy J4?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Galaxy J4:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy J4 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy J4?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Galaxy J4:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Galaxy J4 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Galaxy J4.
- UPDATE 14th August 2018 – If you are unable to find OEM unlock option then I recommend you to wait for seven days and try the procedure again. You will find this option only after 7 days of purchase. However, if you want to do it now then you can trick your phone and change the device date in the setting.
- If you have successfully enabled OEM Unlock option then please do send me a personal mail on RitikJain@TechDroidTips.com
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Galaxy J4 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀