How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy J3 (2018) – OEM Unlock
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy J3 (2018) smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Galaxy J3 (2018) smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 5 inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And Galaxy J3 (2018) also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has an Exynos 7570 Quad-core 1.4 GHz.
- The Phone also comes with 2 GB Ram and 16 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on J3 (2018)- 8 MP rear camera and 5 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on J3 (2018) is a 2,600 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Galaxy J3 (2018)?
Unlocking Bootloader on any smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Galaxy J3 (2018)?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your smartphone, the warranty will be void.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy J3 (2018)?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Galaxy J3 (2018):
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on J3 (2018) by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Galaxy J3 (2018).
- And next step is to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J3 (2018) or Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy J3 (2018).
- After you had successfully installed the custom recovery, How to root Galaxy J3 (2018).
- And now it’s time to install your favorite custom ROM on Motorola One Power. How to Install custom ROM on (Galaxy J3 (2018).
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. How to unroot Galaxy j3 (2018) and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Galaxy J3 (2018) then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀