How to Unlock Bootloader on ASUS Zenfone 5Q: Unlock APK
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on ASUS Zenfone 5Q smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched ASUS Zenfone 5Q smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6 inches display with a resolution of 2160 by 1080 pixels. A total of pixels per inch.
- And Zenfone 5Q also comes with Android OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 630 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4 GB Ram and 64 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Zenfone 5Q – 16 MP + 120-degree wide angle shooter, dual rear camera, and 20 MP SONY front shooter + 120-degree wide angle shooter.
- Also, a fingerprint scanner on the back of the device.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3300 mAh.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on ASUS Zenfone 5Q?
Unlocking Bootloader on any smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on ASUS Zenfone 5Q?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the ASUS Zenfone 5Q.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your smartphone, the warranty will be void.
How to Unlock Bootloader on ASUS Zenfone 5Q?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Zenfone 5Q:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on the phone by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- Now go to ASUS Official support page for 5Q & download unlock tool apk.
- Install it on your phone and do as directed.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the ASUS Zenfone 5Q.
- And next step is to Install TWRP Recovery on ASUS Zenfone 5Q or Install CWM Recovery on ASUS Zenfone 5Q.
- After you had successfully installed the custom recovery, How to root ASUS Zenfone 5Q.
- And now it’s time to install your favorite custom ROM on the phone. How to Install custom ROM on ASUS Zenfone 5Q.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. How to unroot ASUS Zenfone 5Q and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on ASUS Zenfone 5Q then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀