Root Galaxy J8 via SuperSU & Magisk + Two More METHODS!
In this article, I will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy J8 smartphone. And with easy step by step instruction guide on how to successfully root. So, let’s straight away dive into the tutorial guide. Stay until the end.
- 0.1 What do you mean by Root?
- 0.2 What are the Advantages or Benefits of Rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8?
- 0.3 What are the CONS of Rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8?
- 0.4 About Samsung Galaxy J8
- 1 How to Root Samsung Galaxy J8?
What do you mean by Root?
Root or Rooting a device, simply means that you are now able to take full control of your Android device. After rooting, the smartphone has the ability to customize beyond limits. So, there are quite a few benefits of rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8. So, let us see what are those benefits.
What are the Advantages or Benefits of Rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8?
Well, here are some of the Pros of rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8 Android device:
- First of all, the user takes the control of the phone.
- And also customize the user interface and control the frequency of the CPU as well as GPU.
- There are also different available Mods that can be downloadable for free.
- You can also, Install Custom Roms on the phone.
- In conclusion, you can customize the Samsung Galaxy J8 Android phone beyond limits.
So above were some of the key benefits of rooting your Android smartphone. But is it all good? NO. Below are some of the cons or disadvantages of rooting the phone.
What are the CONS of Rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8?
Now let’s see some of the cons of rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8 Android smartphone:
- Firstly, the warranty is void after rooting the device.
- And your phone could be completely dead and not usable anymore. (If anything goes wrong)
- Also, performance issue may arrive due to lack of optimization for the particular model.
So now that you have seen Pros and Cons of rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8, Let’s see step by step tutorial on how to root the phone.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Samsung Galaxy J8 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6 inches Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 720 by 720 pixels. A total of 274 pixels per inch.
- And Samsung Galaxy J8 also comes with Android 8.0 OREO.
- And under the hood, Samsung Galaxy J8 has a Snapdragon 450 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4 GB Ram and 64 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Samsung Galaxy J8- 16MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 16MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on Samsung Galaxy J8 is a non-removable 3500 mAh.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J8?
IMPORTANT Points before rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8:
- First, charge your phone Fully. (to avoid interruption)
- And make sure to unlock the bootloader before rooting. If not see this simple guide on Unlock Bootloader.
- Before rooting the Samsung Galaxy J8, do install TWRP Recovery or install CWM recovery on the phone. (IMP STEP) Though methods are mentioned below that require no Recovery.
- This guide is only to root Samsung Galaxy J8 Android smartphone.
Let’s Root Samsung Galaxy J8 Android Phone: METHOD 1
- In this method, we will flash a zip file from TWRP or CWM recovery. So, make sure to install the custom recovery on your phone. (Links are above in the topic IMPORTANT POINTS before rooting)
- First of all, download Super SU Zip file and save it to internal or external storage of the Samsung Galaxy J8.
- And now boot into TWRP Recovery or CWM recovery.
- Next, you will see some options, Tap on INSTALL or FLASH. Select the SuperSU file from the storage.
- Click on confirm Flash or Swipe to flash.
- That’s it after the process is successful, tap on reboot option. Now the phone will reboot.
- Congratulations, you have rooted the Samsung Galaxy J8. You will see SuperSu app in the apps menu.
How to root the Samsung Galaxy J8 in a single click – Method 2
- Firstly, You need to download an app KingRoot on your Samsung Galaxy J8.
- And then Install the App on the phone. Also, enable unknown sources in the setting menu.
- And now open the app in your smartphone and click on ” the large button – No Root Permission”.
- Do not touch your screen while the process is going on.
- That’s it, your Samsung Galaxy J8 has root access now.
- Try different method if the process fails to root your phone.
Related Article. Unroot the phone and Go back to stock ROM.
How to root your Samsung Galaxy J8 with PC – Method 3
- You Need to download Wondershare TuneGo App on your computer.
- And charge the phone fully before proceeding.
- And also enable USB DEBUGGING on the Samsung Galaxy J8 by going in the setting. To do that, Go to setting>Developer options>Enable USD Debugging.
- Launch the application on your computer.
- And plug your Samsung Galaxy J8 to your pc via data cable provided by the manufacturer.
- Now you need to click on One Click Android Root option.
- Process for rooting the phone will start. And after few moments, the Samsung Galaxy J8 will have root access.
Method 4: How to Root Samsung Galaxy J8 with Magisk: Install Magisk
- You need TWRP Recovery or CWM Recovery to root via this method.
- And also download Magisk latest Zip File.
- And now boot the Samsung Galaxy J8 into the Recovery mode.
- Then go to Install > Select the Magisk Zip File > Swipe to Install.
- That’s it the Samsung Galaxy J8 has root access via Magisk installation.
So, that’s it for the step by step guide, I hope this article helped you in successfully rooting your Samsung Galaxy J8. If you have any quires, do let me know in the comment section below.