How to Root Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus: SuperSU & Magisk 4 MOTHODS!
In this article, I will show you how to root Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus smartphone. And with easy step by step instruction guide on how to successfully root. So, let’s straight away dive into the tutorial guide. Stay until the end.
- 0.1 What do you mean by Root?
- 0.2 What are the Advantages or Benefits of Rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus?
- 0.3 What are the CONS of Rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus?
- 1 How to Root Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus?
- 1.1 Let’s Root Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus Android Phone: METHOD 1
- 1.2 How to root the VIVO Y83 in a single click – Method 2
- 1.3 How to root your Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus with PC – Method 3
- 1.4 Method 4: How to Root Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus with Magisk: Install Magisk
- 1.5 About Moto G6
- 1.6 About Moto G6 Play
- 1.7 About Moto G6 Plus
What do you mean by Root?
Root or Rooting a device, simply means that you are now able to take full control of your Android device. After rooting, the smartphone has the ability to customize beyond limits. So, there are quite a few benefits of rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus. So, let us see what are those benefits.
What are the Advantages or Benefits of Rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus?
Well, here are some of the Pros of rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus Android device:
- First of all, the user takes the control of the phone.
- And also customize the user interface and control the frequency of the CPU as well as GPU.
- There are also different available Mods that can be downloadable for free.
- You can also, Install Custom Roms on the phone.
- In conclusion, you can customize the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus Android phone beyond limits.
So above were some of the key benefits of rooting your Android smartphone. But is it all good? NO. Below are some of the cons or disadvantages of rooting the phone.
What are the CONS of Rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus?
Now let’s see some of the cons of rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus Android smartphone:
- Firstly, the warranty is void after rooting the device.
- And your phone could be completely dead and not usable anymore. (If anything goes wrong)
- Also, performance issue may arrive due to lack of optimization for the particular model.
So now that you have seen Pros and Cons of rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus, Let’s see step by step tutorial on how to root the phone.
How to Root Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus?
IMPORTANT Points before rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus:
- First, charge your phone Fully. (to avoid interruption)
- And make sure to unlock the bootloader before rooting. If not see this simple guide on Unlock Bootloader.
- Before rooting the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus, do install TWRP Recovery or install CWM recovery on the phone. (IMP STEP) Though methods are mentioned below that require no Recovery.
- This guide is only to root Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus Android smartphone.
Let’s Root Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus Android Phone: METHOD 1
- In this method, we will flash a zip file from TWRP or CWM recovery. So, make sure to install the custom recovery on your phone. (Links are above in the topic IMPORTANT POINTS before rooting)
- First of all, download Super SU Zip file and save it to internal or external storage of the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus.
- And now boot into TWRP Recovery or CWM recovery.
- Next, you will see some options, Tap on INSTALL or FLASH. Select the SuperSU file from the storage.
- Click on confirm Flash or Swipe to flash.
- That’s it after the process is successful, tap on reboot option. Now the phone will reboot.
- Congratulations, you have rooted the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus. You will see SuperSu app in the apps menu.
How to root the VIVO Y83 in a single click – Method 2
- Firstly, You need to download an app KingRoot on your Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus.
- And then Install the App on the phone. Also, enable unknown sources in the setting menu.
- And now open the app in your smartphone and click on ” the large button – No Root Permission”.
- Do not touch your screen while the process is going on.
- That’s it, your Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus has root access now.
- Try different method if the process fails to root your phone.
How to root your Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus with PC – Method 3
- You Need to download Wondershare TuneGo App on your computer.
- And charge the phone fully before proceeding.
- And also enable USB DEBUGGING on the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus by going in the setting. To do that, Go to setting>Developer options>Enable USD Debugging.
- Launch the application on your computer.
- And plug your Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus to your pc via data cable provided by the manufacturer.
- Now you need to click on One Click Android Root option.
- Process for rooting the phone will start. And after few moments, the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus will have root access.
Method 4: How to Root Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus with Magisk: Install Magisk
- You need TWRP Recovery or CWM Recovery to root via this method.
- And also download Magisk latest Zip File.
- And now boot the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus into the Recovery mode.
- Then go to Install > Select the Magisk Zip File > Swipe to Install.
- That’s it the Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus has root access via Magisk installation.
So, that’s it for the step by step guide, I hope this article helped you in successfully rooting your Moto G6, G6 Play & Plus. If you have any quires, do let me know in the comment section below.
About Moto G6
Moto G6 is newly launched Motorola smartphone device. Here are some key features and specs of the all new Motorola Moto G6.
- It has 5.7 inch IPS LCD Capacitive touch display with a resolution of 1080 by 2160 pixels, which gives an output of 424 ppi.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3. So, Moto G6 is scratch resistant.
- Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box of G6.
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chip.
- Moto G6 comes with two storage options – 64 GB storage and 4GB Ram, 32 GB storage and 3GB Ram.
- A dual rear camera of 12 MP + 5 MP. Front camera on Moto G6 is 8 MP.
- Fingerprint scanner.
- The battery on Moto G6 is a non-removable 3000 Mah capacity.
So these were key features of the all-new Moto G6 device. Let’s take a look at the Moto G6 Play.
About Moto G6 Play
Now, the new play series device from Motorola is the Moto G6 Play. Probably this is the smartphone from Motorola on G6 series that will sell the most. So, let us look at some of the key features of the all-new mid-ranger from Motorola.
- The display on G6 Play is 5.7 inch IPS LCD capacitive touch and a resolution of 720 By 1440 pixels. That gives a total of 282 PPI.
- Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Android Oreo as stock.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 – Octa Core 1.4 GHz.
- FOR USA – Moto G6 Play comes with Snapdragon 427 Quad Core 1.4 GHz.
- Moto G6 Play has two options of storage ie, 32 GB storage and 3 GB Ram or 16 GB storage and 2 GB Ram.
- The rear camera on G6 Play is 13 MP shooter. The front comes with an 8 MP selfie shooter.
- A fingerprint scanner on the back of the device.
- The battery on Moto G6 Play is higher than the Moto G6 ie, 4000 Mah.
So above were some of the main and key features of Moto G6 Play. Now, let’s look at the Moto G6 Plus smartphone.
About Moto G6 Plus
Moto G6 Plus is the bigger version in the G6 series of smartphones. But the plus variant sits perfectly between the Moto G6 and Moto G6 Play models. Let’s look at some of the key features and specs of the all-new Moto G6 Plus smartphone.
- The display on Moto G6 Plus s slightly larger, 5.9 inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 by 2160 pixels. A total output of 409 PPI.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for scratch resistance.
- Moto G6 Plus comes with Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Under the hood, Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 chipset. Octa-core 2.2 GHz.
- Storage options on G6 Plus include 128 GB storage and 6 GB Ram or 64 GB storage and 4 GB Ram.
- G6 Plus supports a dual rear camera of 12 MP + 5 MP. Front camera is an 8 MP shooter.
- The fingerprint scanner is on the front.
- Moto G6 Plus comes with non-removable 3200 mah battery.
So, above were some of the key features of Moto G6 Plus smartphone and Now let’s dive into Installation of Custom Roms on Moto G6 devices.