How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy J6: OEM UNLOCK
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy J6 smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Also, Read – Various Issues on the phone & How to Fix Them.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Galaxy J6?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Galaxy J6 smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Galaxy J6?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on the Galaxy J6:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy J6 smartphone, the warranty will be void.
Related Article. Root this phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy J6?
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the Galaxy J6:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on Galaxy J6 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options on the Galaxy J6.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- OEM Unlock is an option to unlock the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy’s Exynos variants.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Galaxy J6.
Related. Install Custom ROM on this phone.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on Galaxy J6 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀