How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Q7? Developer Website!
In this article, I will demonstrate how to unlock the bootloader on LG Q7smartphone. So, the company will launch this mid-range smartphone and we are one of the early websites to demonstrate this. Now, let us directly jump to step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched LG Q7 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 5.5 inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 by 2160 pixels. A total of 442 pixels per inch.
- And LG Q7 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a MediaTek MT6750S chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 3 GB Ram and 32 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on LG Q7- 13 MP rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the LG Q7 is a non-removable 3000 mAh.
Also Read – LG Q7 Issues & How to Fix Them
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on LG Q7?
Unlocking Bootloader on any smartphone means accessing the way for installing custom recoveries such as TWRP or CWM recovery. Also, rooting your device and installing custom ROMS. Many manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader and as a result, one need to unlock it before proceeding. So, Unlocking bootloader is the first step before one can further customize their smartphone.
What are the Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on LG Q7?
Here are some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on LG Q7:
- Firstly, one can root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader.
- And you can install TWRP or CWM Recovery on the phone.
- Also, you will be able to install various custom Roms on the phone.
- Finally, if you unlock the bootloader on your smartphone, the warranty will be void.
- Related Article. How to Root LG Q7.
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Q7?
You will only be able to unlock the bootloader if LG Supports it. Here
Let’s unlock the bootloader on the LG Q7:
- First of all, charge the phone fully.
- Next, enable USB Debugging on LG Q7 by going to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
- And then go back and click on Developer options.
- In the developer options, there is OEM unlock option then enable that option.
- And now make sure about the drivers, install properly on the computer. Also, take a backup of the necessary data.
- Also, you will need IMEI number of the LG Q7 phone.
- To get the IMEI number for the LG Q7 phone, dial *#06# on the phone. You will get the IMEI number.
- And now connect your LG phone to the PC.
- Next, open the command prompt on the PC (Win + R & then type cmd, click enter). And type the following ADB Command code to reboot the phone into the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- And now you are in the bootloader mode on the LG Q7 device. Also, type the following Fastboot code to get the device ID.
fastboot oem device-id
- And the Fastboot will return the following message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- The above Device ID is needed to get the unique unlock ID for the LG Q7 Android phone.
- Now combine & paste the ID above. For example
- And next copy the Device ID and also your phone’s IMEI number and paste it on the LG’s developer website. Head on to this webpage > scroll all the way down > click Start Unlocking the Bootloader > fill your LG account details > and paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number”.
- Finally, hit the confirm button and you will get an email from LG containing the unlock.bin file. Download the file.
- Remember, the process will wipe the data on the LG Q7 phone.
- And now type the following in the command prompt, this will factory Reset the LG Q7 device.
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- That’s it. And next reboot the phone by entering the following code:
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the LG Q7.
Related. How to Install Custom ROM on LG Q7.
In conclusion, Android versions later than lollipop come with an option of OEM Unlock in the developer options. So, its quite easy to unlock the bootloader on any latest smartphone devices. And Still, some of the smartphones may not come with this option. Hence, in order to unlock the bootloader, you need to manually do it via PC.
Related article. How to unroot LG Q7 and go back to stock ROM.
If you are encountering any issues regarding bootloader unlocking on the LG Q7 then do let me know in the comment section below. Furthermore, I will be happy to assist you 😀