Download & Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 & A2 Lite!
Welcome, in this article I will demonstrate how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite. So stay until the end of the article and with the help of step by step guide, install TWRP on your phone.
- 0.1 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 0.2 About Xiaomi Mi A2
- 0.3 About Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- 0.4 What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite?
- 0.5 Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite?
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project and is flashable on Android smartphones. TWRP recovery, when installed on a smartphone over stock recovery, can provide more features. So, now let’s see about Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Xiaomi Mi A2 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 5.99 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2160 pixels. A total of 403 pixels per inch.
- And Xiaomi Mi A2 also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Xiaomi Mi A2 has a Snapdragon 660 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 4GB/6GB Ram and 64GB/128 Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Xiaomi Mi A2 – 12MP + 20MP dual rear camera and 20MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or is a non-removable 3000 mAh.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 5.84 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. A total of 432 pixels per inch.
- And Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite has a Snapdragon 625 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 3GB Ram and 32GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite – 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 5MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is a non-removable 4000 mAh.
Also, Read – Various Issues on the phone & How to Fix Them.
What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite?
There are quite a few benefits of installing TWRP on Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite. Here are some of them :
- Firstly, you can root your phone.
- And also install ZIP files and custom Roms on the phone.
- You can wipe cache and reset your smartphone.
- And take a backup of your current data and restore it whenever you want to on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite.
Furthermore, let’s now take a look at some of the disadvantages of installing TWRP recovery.
Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite
Below are some of the cons of TWRP recovery which you should keep in mind before installing on your Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite.
- First of all, it will void your warranty.
- And you may brick your Phone if you do not follow the steps correctly.
- Also, the user will not be able to get OTA updates anymore on the device.
- Now that you have read some of the Pros and cons of TWRP recovery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite, let’s start with the installation procedure.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite?
Before starting the installation process on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite, do keep the following things in mind.
- First of all, make sure to charge your phone fully.
- And also get the certified USB cable by the manufacturer.
- Before installing, unlock the bootloader on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite phone. Unlock Bootloader.
- We TechDroidTips, do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong. And the steps below are unofficial and has not been certified by any user to date.
- You can also install CWM Recovery on this phone.
- After installation of Custom Recovery, also, read. Root the phone.
Let’s Install TWRP Recovery: Method 1
- First of all, download TWRP recovery image of the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite. Download Link Below.
- And rename it as TWRP.img
- Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite and install it on PC.
- Now, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- And now open the folder – “TWRP.img“
- Furthermore, open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite to PC.
- And, boot your Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite device into Fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
Now the device will boot into the Fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- And do replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing TWRP Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device.
- And congrats, finally you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite.
DOWNLOAD TWRP Recovery file for Xiaomi Mi A2
- UPDATE – 21st September 2018
- Additional Information for Installing TWRP Recovery for Mi A2 only –
- Temporary using guide for the TWRP Recovery – Kindly note that it is under development stage. Not recommended to install, however, if you wish to proceed here is additional information you need to keep in mind.fastboot flash boot_b TWRP-3.2.3-jasmine-20180804.img
fastboot set_active b
Then reboot and hold Volume Up to boot, you will then enter TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2. Download TWRP Here
UPDATE 2nd November 2018 – Unofficial TWRP for Mi A2 (Jasmine)
Furthermore, new unofficial TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi A2 has arrived. Here are the Flashing details –
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- flash twrp-flasher-xxx.zip from twrp
- Download TWRP file here
Download Official TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
UPDATE – 17th October 2018
Installtion Instruction –
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot boot twrp-daisy-3.2.3-0.img
- Cancel the when you are prompted for password decrypt
- adb push ./twrp-installer-daisy-3.2.3-0.zip /sdcard
- Furthermore, run the installation in TWRP to permanently install the TWRP Recovery across both slots.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Here
NEXT – Install custom ROM.
How to Install TWRP custom recovery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite? Method 2
- Firstly, Download Flashify app on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite. The app is available to download from play store.
- And open the app and furthermore you will see three options, “Boot Image” “Recovery Image” and “Zip File”.
- First, click on “Recovery Image” as soon as you click you will be able to see some more options.
- Next, click on download TWRP. You will also see an option of downloading CWM custom recovery too, but consider downloading TWRP custom recovery.
- And now it will download TWRP file for the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite. And after the downloading finishes. Finally, click on “Yes install custom Recovery”.
- That’s it now sit back and relax till the recovery installs on the phone.
- Finally, congratulations you have successfully install TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite. Now, you can install your favorite custom ROMs and zip files on the phone.
Related Article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.
In conclusion, do the steps carefully to install TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 or A2 Lite and also make sure to see the pre-requisite before starting the process. Before flashing TWRP Recovery, check for the supported model number. And you can also check for your device here on TWRP website and make sure about the recovery file.