How to Install TWRP Recovery on Panasonic P85? Official Tutorial!
Welcome, in this article I will demonstrate how to install TWRP Recovery on Panasonic P85. So stay until the end of the article and with the help of step by step guide, install TWRP on your phone.
- 0.1 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 0.2 About Panasonic P85
- 0.3 What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Panasonic P85?
- 0.4 Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Panasonic P85
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery on Panasonic P85?
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project and is flashable on Android smartphones. TWRP recovery, when installed on a smartphone over stock recovery, can provide more features. So, now let’s see about Panasonic P85.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Panasonic P85 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 5.0 inches display with a resolution of 720 by 1280 pixels. A total of 294 pixels per inch.
- And Panasonic P85 also comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Quad-Core 1Ghz chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 2GB Ram and 16GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 8MP rear camera and 2MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 4000 mAh.
What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Panasonic P85?
There are quite a few benefits of installing TWRP on Panasonic P85. Here are some of them :
- Firstly, you can root your phone.
- And also install ZIP files and custom Roms on the phone.
- You can wipe cache and reset your smartphone.
- And take a backup of your current data and restore it whenever you want to on the Panasonic P85.
Furthermore, let’s now take a look at some of the disadvantages of installing TWRP recovery.
Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Panasonic P85
Below are some of the cons of TWRP recovery which you should keep in mind before installing on your Panasonic P85.
- First of all, it will void your warranty.
- And you may brick your Phone if you do not follow the steps correctly.
- Also, the user will not be able to get OTA updates anymore on the device.
- Now that you have read some of the Pros and cons of TWRP recovery on the Panasonic P85, let’s start with the installation procedure.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Panasonic P85?
Before starting the installation process on the Panasonic P85, do keep the following things in mind.
- First of all, make sure to charge your phone fully.
- And also get the certified USB cable by the manufacturer.
- Before installing, unlock the bootloader on the Panasonic P85 phone.
- We TechDroidTips, do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong. And the steps below are unofficial and has not been certified by any user to date.
- You can also install CWM Recovery on the Panasonic P85.
- After installation of Custom Recovery, also, read. How to Root Panasonic P85.
Let’s Install TWRP Recovery: Method 1
- First of all, download TWRP recovery image of the Panasonic P85. Check Below For The Download Link.
- And rename it as TWRP.img
- Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the Panasonic P85 and install it on PC.
- Reminder, Unlocking Bootloader is an important step before you install TWRP recovery. It is not recommended to install TWRP recovery before unlocking the bootloader.
- Now, set up ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- And now open the folder – “TWRP.img“
- Furthermore, open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your Panasonic P85 to PC.
- And, boot your Panasonic P85 device into Fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
Now the device will boot into the Fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- And do replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing TWRP Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device.
- And congrats, finally you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on the Panasonic P85.
- Download TWRP Recovery For Panasonic P85 Here And Scatter File Here Follow The Instructions Below.
- After successfully flashing, kindly flash Magisk or SuperSu for bootloader unlock.
How to Install TWRP custom recovery on the Panasonic P85? Method 2
- Firstly, Download Flashify app on the Panasonic P85.
- And open the app and furthermore you will see three options, “Boot Image” “Recovery Image” and “Zip File”.
- First, click on “Recovery Image” as soon as you click you will be able to see some more options.
- Next, click on download TWRP. You will also see an option of downloading CWM custom recovery too, but consider downloading TWRP custom recovery.
- And now it will download TWRP file for the Panasonic P85. And after the downloading finishes. Finally, click on “Yes install custom Recovery”.
- That’s it now sit back and relax till the recovery installs on the phone.
- Finally, congratulations you have successfully install TWRP recovery on your Panasonic P85. Now, you can install your favorite custom ROMs and zip files on the phone.
Related Article. Unroot Panasonic P85 and go back to stock ROM.
In conclusion, do the steps carefully to install TWRP Recovery on the Panasonic P85 and also make sure to see the pre-requisite before starting the process. Before flashing TWRP Recovery, check for the supported model number. And you can also check for your device here on TWRP website and make sure about the recovery file.