How to Install TWRP Recovery on VIVO NEX A: TUTORIAL GUIDE
Welcome, in this article I will demonstrate how to install TWRP Recovery on VIVO NEX A. So stay until the end of the article and with the help of step by step guide, install TWRP on your phone.
- 0.1 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 0.2 About VIVO NEX A
- 0.3 What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on VIVO NEX A?
- 0.4 Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on VIVO NEX A
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery on VIVO NEX A?
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project and is flashable on Android smartphones. TWRP recovery, when installed on a smartphone over stock recovery, can provide more features.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched VIVO NEX A smartphone.
- Firstly, it has 6.259 inches Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 by 2316 pixels. A total of 338 pixels per inch.
- And NEX A also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, NEX A has a Snapdragon 710 Octa-core chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6 GB Ram and 128 GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on NEX A – 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear camera and 8 MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 4000 mAh.
What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on VIVO NEX A?
There are quite a few benefits of installing TWRP on VIVO NEX A. Here are some of them :
- Firstly, you can root your phone.
- And also install ZIP files and custom Roms on the phone.
- You can wipe cache and reset your smartphone.
- And take a backup of your current data and restore it whenever you want to.
- Furthermore, let’s now take a look at some of the disadvantages of installing TWRP recovery.
Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on VIVO NEX A
Below are some of the cons TWRP recovery which you should keep in mind before installing on your VIVO NEX A.
- First of all, it will void your warranty.
- And you may brick your Phone if you do not follow the steps correctly.
- Also, the user will not be able to get OTA updates anymore on the device.
- Now that you have read some of the Pros and cons of TWRP recovery, let’s start with the installation procedure.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on VIVO NEX A?
Before starting the installation process, do keep the following things in mind.
- First of all, make sure to charge your phone fully.
- And also get the certified USB cable by the manufacturer.
- Before installing, unlock the bootloader (OEM UNLOCK) on your phone. How to Unlock Bootloader on the VIVO NEX A.
- We TechDroidTips, do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong. And the steps below are unofficial and has not been certified by any user to date.
- You can also install CWM Recovery on the VIVO NEX A.
- After installation of Custom Recovery, How to Root VIVO NEX A.
Let’s Install TWRP Recovery: Method 1
- First of all, download TWRP recovery image of the device from the web.
- And rename it as TWRP.img
- Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the phone and install it on PC.
- Now, setup ADB and fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install process For ADB :
1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
5. Continue Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – finished! Source – XDA
- And now open the folder – “TWRP.img“
- And open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your VIVO NEX A to PC.
- And, boot your device into fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
Now the device will boot into the fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- And do replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing TWRP Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device.
- And congrats, finally you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on the VIVO NEX A.
How to Install TWRP custom recovery on VIVO NEX A? Method 2
- Firstly, Download Flashify app on the VIVO NEX A. The app is available to download from play store.
- And open the app and you will see three options, “Boot Image” “Recovery Image” and “Zip File”.
- First, click on “Recovery Image” as soon as you click you will be able to see some more options.
- Next, click on download TWRP. You will see an option of downloading CWM custom recovery too, but consider downloading TWRP custom recovery.
- And now it will download TWRP file for the phone. And after the downloading finishes click on “Yes install custom Recovery”.
- That’s it now sit back and relax till the recovery installs on the phone.
- Finally, congratulations you have successfully install TWRP recovery on your VIVO NEX A. Now, you can install your favorite custom ROMs and zip files on the phone.
Related Article. How to Unroot VIVO NEX A and go back to stock ROM.
In conclusion, do the steps carefully and also make sure to see pre-requisite before starting the process. Before flashing TWRP Recovery, check for the supported model number. And you can also check for your device here on TWRP website and make sure about the recovery file.