How to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro? Official Guide!
Welcome, in this article I will demonstrate how to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro. So stay until the end of the article and with the help of step by step guide, install TWRP on your phone.
- 0.1 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 0.2 About Lenovo S5 Pro
- 0.3 What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Lenovo S5 Pro?
- 0.4 Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Lenovo S5 Pro
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro?
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project and is flashable on Android smartphones. TWRP recovery, when installed on a smartphone over stock recovery, can provide more features. So, now let’s see about Lenovo S5 Pro.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Lenovo S5 Pro smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.2 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2246 pixels. A total of 402 pixels per inch.
- And Lenovo S5 Pro also comes with Android 8.1 OREO.
- And under the hood, the phone has a Snapdragon 636 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB Ram and 64GB/128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor is – 12MP + 20MP dual rear camera and 20MP + 8MP dual front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the phone is a non-removable 3500 mAh.
What are the Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Lenovo S5 Pro?
There are quite a few benefits of installing TWRP on Lenovo S5 Pro. Here are some of them :
- Firstly, you can root your phone.
- And also install ZIP files and custom Roms on the phone.
- You can wipe cache and reset your smartphone.
- And take a backup of your current data and restore it whenever you want to on the Lenovo S5 Pro.
Furthermore, let’s now take a look at some of the disadvantages of installing TWRP recovery.
Some Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Lenovo S5 Pro
Below are some of the cons of TWRP recovery which you should keep in mind before installing on your Lenovo S5 Pro.
- First of all, it will void your warranty.
- And you may brick your Phone if you do not follow the steps correctly.
- Also, the user will not be able to get OTA updates anymore on the device.
- Now that you have read some of the Pros and cons of TWRP recovery on the Lenovo S5 Pro, let’s start with the installation procedure.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro?
Before starting the installation process on the Lenovo S5 Pro, do keep the following things in mind.
- First of all, make sure to charge your phone fully.
- And also get the certified USB cable by the manufacturer.
- Before installing, unlock the bootloader on the Lenovo S5 Pro phone.
- We TechDroidTips, do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong. And the steps below are unofficial and has not been certified by any user to date.
- You can also install CWM Recovery on the Lenovo S5 Pro.
- After installation of Custom Recovery, also, read. How to Root Lenovo S5 Pro.
Let’s Install TWRP Recovery: Method 1
- First of all, download TWRP recovery image of the Lenovo S5 Pro.
(Check Below For The File)
- And rename it as TWRP.img
- Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the Lenovo S5 Pro and install it on PC.
- Reminder, Unlocking Bootloader is an important step before you install TWRP recovery. It is not recommended to install TWRP recovery before unlocking the bootloader.
- Now, set up ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
- And now open the folder – “TWRP.img“
- Furthermore, open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your Lenovo S5 Pro to PC.
- And, boot your Lenovo S5 Pro device into Fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
Now the device will boot into the Fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- And do replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing TWRP Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device.
- And congrats, finally you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on the Lenovo S5 Pro.
- TWRP Image File for Lenovo S5 Pro will be added once available. The article will be updated 😀
How to Install TWRP custom recovery on the Lenovo S5 Pro? Method 2
- Firstly, Download Flashify app on the Lenovo S5 Pro.
- And open the app and furthermore you will see three options, “Boot Image” “Recovery Image” and “Zip File”.
- First, click on “Recovery Image” as soon as you click you will be able to see some more options.
- Next, click on download TWRP. You will also see an option of downloading CWM custom recovery too, but consider downloading TWRP custom recovery.
- And now it will download TWRP file for the Lenovo S5 Pro. And after the downloading finishes. Finally, click on “Yes install custom Recovery”.
- That’s it now sit back and relax till the recovery installs on the phone.
- Finally, congratulations you have successfully install TWRP recovery on your Lenovo S5 Pro. Now, you can install your favorite custom ROMs and zip files on the phone.
Related Article.Unroot Lenovo S5 Pro and go back to stock ROM.
In conclusion, do the steps carefully to install TWRP Recovery on the Lenovo S5 Pro and also make sure to see the pre-requisite before starting the process. Before flashing TWRP Recovery, check for the supported model number. And you can also check for your device here on TWRP website and make sure about the recovery file.