How to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A9 2018?
In this article, I will show you step by step guide on how to install CWM Recovery on Galaxy A9 2018. This step is necessary before you can install custom Rom on your smartphone. Alright, let’s straight away dive into the step by step instruction guide.
- 0.1 What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
- 0.2 About Samsung Galaxy A9 2018
- 0.3 Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on the Galaxy A9 2018
- 0.4 What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Galaxy A9 2018?
- 1 How to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy A9 2018?
What do you mean by CWM Recovery?
Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM) is a popular custom recovery on Android devices. And it also provides more features than the stock recovery (provided by the manufacturer). So, now let’s see about Galaxy A9 2018.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Galaxy A9 2018 smartphone.
- Firstly, it has a 6.3 inches display with a resolution of 1080 by 2220 pixels. A total of 392 pixels per inch.
- And Galaxy A9 2018 also comes with Android 8.0 OREO.
- And under the hood, Galaxy A9 2018 has a Snapdragon 660 chipset.
- The Phone also comes with 6GB/8GB Ram and 128GB Storage.
- Furthermore, the camera sensor on Galaxy A9 2018 – 24MP + 8MP + 10MP + 5MP rear cameras and 24MP front shooter.
- Finally, the battery on the Galaxy A9 2018 is a non-removable 3800 mAh.
Pros of Installing CWM Recovery on the Galaxy A9 2018
What benefits will you get from installing CWM recovery on the Galaxy A9 2018? Here are some of the advantages and benefits of installing CWM recovery on your phone.
- Firstly, CWM recovery will provide the advanced feature.
- And one can flash custom Roms and ZIP files on the phone.
- Also, a custom recovery can make backup and restore it for you whenever required.
- Furthermore, the Android device will have the ability to install super SU (ROOT).
- Basically, you get the ability to customize or modify your Galaxy A9 2018 Android device.
So, above are some of the reason why you should get a custom recovery or CWM recovery on your smartphone.
What consequences can happen when you install CWM Recovery on Galaxy A9 2018?
Before we start installing CWM recovery, there are more advantages of installing a custom recovery or CWM Recovery, one should also be aware of the Cons or disadvantages of installing CWM recovery on the Galaxy A9 2018. So, What can happen to your phone if you try to install a CWM Recovery?
- First of all, your phone may get completely dead.
- Also, the warranty will be void.
- Furthermore, the performance issue may arrive on the Galaxy A9 2018.
So above are some of the reasons that can harm your device when you install a CWM custom recovery. So, now let’s install CWM recovery on the phone.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy A9 2018?
Points to remember before installing CWM custom recovery on Galaxy A9 2018 :
- First thing first, charge your Galaxy A9 2018 phone fully to avoid interruption.
- Also, make sure to use genuine accessories to connect your phone.
- Download and install appropriate USB drivers on your PC computer for the Galaxy A9 2018.
- Techdroidtips is not responsible if anything goes wrong with the device.
- Take a backup of your current data.
- And unlock the bootloader on the phone. < IMP STEP.
- Also, you can install TWRP Recovery on the phone.
Method 1: Install CWM Recovery on the Galaxy A9 2018
- First of all, download CWM recovery image of the Galaxy A9 2018.
(Check below for the file)
- And rename it as CWM.img
- Also, download appropriate USB drivers of the Galaxy A9 2018 and install it on PC.
- Reminder, Unlocking Bootloader is an important step before you install CWM recovery. It is not recommended to install CWM recovery before unlocking the bootloader.
- Now, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do that download ADB here.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot :
1. Launch it That Require administrator privileges.
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or No to not.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process Source – XDA
5. And Now Open the folder – “CWM.img”
- And open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window.
- Now, connect your Galaxy A9 2018 to PC.
- And, boot your device into Fastboot mode. To do that type the following code in the command window
adb reboot bootloader
- Now the device will boot into the Fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- Replace CWM.img above with the name of your CWM recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing CWM Recovery and after that type the following –
- This command will reboot your device.
- And congrats, finally you have successfully installed CWM custom Recovery on Galaxy A9 2018.
- CWM Image File for Galaxy A9 2018 will be added once available. The article will be updated 😀
Also, Read Root this phone.
Method 2: Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy A9 2018 without PC
- This step is easy and fast to install. However, you need to get root access on Galaxy A9 2018 in order to install CWM custom recovery through this method.
- And now download and install Rom Manager app from Play store on the Galaxy A9 2018.
- Take a backup of your current Rom. To do that click on “Backup Current Rom”.
- After that name your backup and proceed.
- Next step is to click on “Flash Clockworkmod Recovery” on the Galaxy A9 2018.
- And then Rom manager will ask for the model number. Select the appropriate model number and then proceed.
- The file will start downloading and wait for it to complete. Then when asked to install, proceed.
- The phone will reboot and install CWM custom recovery on it.
- That’s it your Galaxy A9 2018 has CWM custom recovery successfully installed.
How to Boot into CWM Recovery Mode on the Galaxy A9 2018?
Wondering how to boot into recovery mode on the Galaxy A9 2018? It’s simple all you need to do is, go to the Rom manager app and click on “Reboot into Recovery” and your phone will boot into the recovery mode.
Related Article. Unroot this phone and go back to stock ROM.